What are you listening to today?

Currently spinning Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini.

Oh. My. God.

Just superb. Review coming soon!

Yeah, let's keep the Review thread alive! :)

At the moment I'm listening a lot to Amorphis. I only knew them as death metal band, and now I realised they're already having a new singer for some years. And I really dig this new stuff! Mostly clean, middle-ranged vocals, with some growls at times, great melodies, even some folk melodies as well... Pretty good stuff! At the moment I'm listening to The Smoke...

They've just released an album with some of their old songs sung by this new singer, maybe worth checking it out as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I didn't hear about the new Amorphis release, that should be awesome!

Yeah, guess you will really love it! It contains songs of the first three albums and is called "Magic & Mayhem - Tales From The Early Years". While I think the music is great I'd wish there would some more clean singing as well. It's mostly growling and the singer does it pretty well, but I'm just not much into growling... apart from Opeth and Amon Amarth (mostly)...

At the moment spinning some Volbeat, the danish Elvis-Metal-Rock-Punk-Band. :) I haven't heard their latest release yet, but their other releases contain some amazing songs!

Now Playing: Sanctuary - Into the Mirror Black; Behemoth - The Apostasy; Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase; Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy.

These motherfuckers in Sanctuary are making a comeback if you haven't heard. Warrel Dane has posted about it on his Myspace and Twitter pages as well as on Sanctuary's new Myspace. Can't fucking wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5NCBaPE3k0

Speaking of Nevermore... spawned from Sanctuary when the label tried to make them go grunge...

"What Tomorrow Knows"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKZk1XowOFM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Today, I've listened to Silent Civilian's "rebirth of the temple" album, Angra's "Temple of Shadows" and "Aqua" albums, and some other random songs in my 4000+ metal song/record library

Anthriel, a new Finnish prog-metal band...just listened to their debut album (The Pathway) released last month, quite good! The song below doesn't showcase the singer's overall range like rest of the album, but you'll get the idea...

Anthriel, a new Finnish prog-metal band...just listened to their debut album (The Pathway) released last month, quite good! The song below doesn't showcase the singer's overall range like rest of the album, but you'll get the idea...

Good stuff, thanks for sharing! :)

I definitely will check out some other songs. Two things I love about this song: first, the vocals are not as high pitched as in most other bands and second, the breaks are done nicely and don't ruin the flow of the song.

I just found again one of the first bands that I got into when getting into metal.
Heres a link to a Youtube of one of my favorite songs of them (its a bit old and bad recording quality, but its really fun music)

Just cracked into Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor album for the first time in quite a while. Born is absolute mind-numbing both from Jeff's awe-inspiring leads and the epicness of Warrel's lyrics. Close your eyes and let your mind fall into the music:devil: