What are you listening to?

That Chinese metal is definitely something new, which does not happen as often as it should in metal.

This song that's made it back into my listening rotation is not new:

Last edited by a moderator:

New video by Katabazija.
I'm seriously starting to like these guys. Quite a novelty on Serbian musical scene.
Their CD is out on Monday, I will probably get it.

What started earlier today with checking out some of the stuff suggested in the Best of 2013 thread has evolved into a mellow afternoon/evening of atmospheric black metal. The cats love it, too. (Don't remember/too lazy to check if the one above has been posted here before, anyway it's good.)

Been meaning to check them out for ages. Finally got round to doing so.
Don't know about the cat, though. She tried to kill me earlier today, while I was rescuing her from the curtain, so now she's into hiding behind the fridge.

Teaching a course on Cyberpunk right now, so I've been listening to a steady mix of proto-punk, punk, new wave, and early ebm/industrial. Stooges, The Damned, Talking Heads, Devo, The Clash, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy.

Already blowing these 18-year-olds minds.

Teaching a course on Cyberpunk right now, so I've been listening to a steady mix of proto-punk, punk, new wave, and early ebm/industrial. Stooges, The Damned, Talking Heads, Devo, The Clash, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy.

Already blowing these 18-year-olds minds.

Still haven't read Neuromancer...
I failed?

If you want to read it you can do so at http://project.cyberpunk.ru/lib/ They even have it in Russian and Bulgarian.

Good book. One of my favorite cyberpunk works. Or you can skip it and watch a triple feature of Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, and The Matrix. Or play one of the Deus Ex games.

Hey, while I'm at it I have to go listen to NIN's Year Zero.

Thanks for the link!

I've seen all of those films. Blade Runner is possibly my favorite American SF film (2001 is British-US co-production :p), and Ghost in the Shell is one of my favorite feature-length anime films (sequel is great too).
Started playing original Deus Ex when my computer died on me. I didn't get very far though.
I'm planning on going through the whole franchise chronologically, as soon as I have some more free time.

So...I haven't failed?

Thanks for the link!

I've seen all of those films. Blade Runner is possibly my favorite American SF film (2001 is British-US co-production :p), and Ghost in the Shell is one of my favorite feature-length anime films (sequel is great too).
Started playing original Deus Ex when my computer died on me. I didn't get very far though.
I'm planning on going through the whole franchise chronologically, as soon as I have some more free time.

So...I haven't failed?

That will depend on the paper you write...;)