What are you listening to?

I think there was a Korpiklaani album, called "Tervaskanto"

Yeah, I know that one, but was still confused. In fact, I still am a bit.

Watching that video, I thought Tervaskanto was an alcoholic beverage (and Korpiklaani having an album called like that that further cemented my beliefs).
And I guess it will become one :loco:

Xptrinity got it right, "tervaskanto" literally means a tree stump used for distilling tar (which may then be used in spirits and liqueurs, if you don't need it for waterproofing your boat). The word is also used figuratively for a robust old man. :)

You can also pour some tar solution in your sauna water - the one for throwing on the kiuas' stones (kiuaskivet) - smells really nice of smoke. Which makes me long of a nice sauna session, though it's still pretty warm here. But I always enjoy a good Finnish sauna. Might as well finally get rid of the stupid old tub in the bathroom and build a sauna instead. All I need is several grand :D

Monster Magnet - The Last Patrol Pretty good, actually.

:yuk: Unless it is a savusauna? Never heard of this but I suppose things get creative and change is inevetable.

Well, they sell the tar solution in tiny bottles to scent your water. You don't need it in a savusauna, but in a sauna with an electrical kiuas, I guess is a nice touch.

Mmmmm...Bathory. :worship:

Back planning classes for next term. This time I'll be teaching a class about cyberpunk rather than one about horror, so I've been adding more industrial back into my listening habits to get in the mood. This is how Sybreed made it back into my music rotation and onto my ipod mix for the morning run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they sell the tar solution in tiny bottles to scent your water. You don't need it in a savusauna, but in a sauna with an electrical kiuas, I guess is a nice touch.

I'll have to ask my mother about that and maybe it's an Xmas gift or something. I guess just breathing in a hot sauna I wouldn't want stinky stuff.
Just my opinion. Hot water with birch leaves is enough at 180 degrees F.

"The Pathway", a debut album - and an exceptionally good one - by the progressive power metal band Anthriel. Teräsbetoni's hiatus has spawned some good things after all...

(Song ends at around 5:00, the rest is presumably a pregap to the following track)

Well, Rush is my latest band discovery. I like the progressive vibes and the musical variety during their long career - besides it's quite amazing that there are three musicians only and yet they can sound like this...

I was in high school when Rush released Signals and they were hugely popular in my school. The soundtrack to my youthful adventures is made up mostly of Rush and The Police. I was drunk on many picnic tables with Moving Pictures playing on a cassette recorder nearby.

Subdivisions is still one of my favorites:

Apocalyptica - Wagner Reloaded

Apocalyptica has always been first of all, heavymetal. Cellos and classical components comes second.
This is first classical music, Apocalyptica's own sound comes only second. I have always liked more of their peacefull songs, so this is wonderful.

Listening and watching. After long time, Oulu Teateria DVD-gig from -09.
Goddamn this band is good!