What are you listening to?

What is the song about?

The title means "Dying alive" or "To die alive", the lyrics are something like this:
Dying alive
Has its good sides
Waking up insane
Has its good sides, too
When within reach of the eye
Is nothing but death
The truth may show
Its austere face

Dying alive
Has its good sides
Rebirth
In the same body
We walk together
We see the light
Only one god
Is in us all

Someone is coming
Born from fire
The master of water
Born from fire

Someone is coming
The master of fire
Born from water
The master of fire

The title means "Dying alive" or "To die alive", the lyrics are something like this:
Dying alive
Has its good sides
Waking up insane
Has its good sides, too
When within reach of the eye
Is nothing but death
The truth may show
Its austere face

Dying alive
Has its good sides
Rebirth
In the same body
We walk together
We see the light
Only one god
Is in us all

Someone is coming
Born from fire
The master of water
Born from fire

Someone is coming
The master of fire
Born from water
The master of fire

Wow...great translation. Quite poetic.
I like the song even more now.

I need to find more stuff by this band.

Thanks a lot.

As for Rush...the more songs I hear from them, the more I like them.

I have favourite songs, whose covers suck, no matter how great the band that does it, is. Then there're the favourite songs, whose covers are even better than the original, no matter the band.

This is a killer cover of a really favourite song of mine. :worship:notworthy:worship:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that the new album is now complete and should come out this year.

I put this into the Google Tool Translator and it came out with this:

"Justin, Danny and I have finally convinced ourselves to stop dicking around with our demos for long enough to convince Maynard that he can listen to them and not want to choke the shit out of us when we change something. He'll have his part wrapped up in a week or two. After that the label will do whatever it is they do until the CD release. We think that will probably happen before December and...hey, new idea for a side project. Cool."

Considering that I don't listen to doom on a regular basis, this is pretty good. The fact that they sing in Faroese adds additional charm to the whole thing. And the melodies are good. I like melodies.

Hopefully they'll bring their CDs, so I can buy them.

Enslaved- Monumension

Finally got around to picking this one up after having it on my wishlist forever. Holy crap! Love the rawness of it. The samples I listened to did little to prepare me for what the album sounds like overall. I'd expected the more progressive elements, but not for how much of their black metal roots still showed through. Seems like there is way more energy on it than on Below the Lights, (which I love, but which sounds a bit sterile to me in comparison). It's probably partly that the recording sounds much less compressed than the ones that followed, but I also noticed that in older interviews the band talked about the element of chaos that Roy Kronheim brought to the recording, and I could really hear that on this album in particular.

So having heard some of their older material, particularly live, and having played the crap out of all of their more recent material, I have to say that I should never have waited this long to pick up the album that everyone points to as the pivot point of Enslaved's career. What a monster.

Here's yesterday's interview. I never got to ask any question on air, but asked about the setlist off air. The reply was guilty silence.

They have a routine and will hardly change it. Still I appreciate they have pleased me and many fans in Zagreb (HR) back in 2008 and played Summers End. Holy cow that was great!