What are you listening to?

I like atmospheric music, and atmospheric black metal is one of my favorite metal genres. Majority of ABM songs focus on nature, mythology, fantasy and such to create soundscapes with a special feel to them (that is, if the band or song is good).

However, I've recently discovered an atmospheric BM with a bit different theme and feel to them.

On the first listening it may not strike you as much. Even on second.
But I have to say this is definitely one of the songs with the darkest, eeriest and most morbid atmosphere I've heard.

Now, only to figure out how to download from Discogs :ill:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow! This is a new band for me and I like this song very much, thanks for sharing! It is hypnotic and greatly euphoric. This is music I need when I go to sleep and it is always so nice to wake up for the new day with a music what makes you feel calm and good. That is before must run to make a morning coffee.

Oh wow! This is a new band for me and I like this song very much, thanks for sharing! It is hypnotic and greatly euphoric. This is music I need when I go to sleep and it is always so nice to wake up for the new day with a music what makes you feel calm and good. That is before must run to make a morning coffee.

That's an original approach to black metal :D
Glad you enjoyed it.

Unless you're referring to trin's song...

And that's only their second demo? Respect.

It's their first, actually. First and only.

Going to see Katatonia again tomorrow. Listening to October Tide's A Thin Shell. I still like Katatonia a great deal, but I miss the gloomy textures that Fred Norrman brought to the group. May have to make a playlist that alternates between the Kats and October Tide to even things out.

Hmmm...think that may work for Amorphis/Barren Earth as well. :headbang:

Katatonia gig called (for us, anyway) on account of migraine. No driving all the way across Los Angeles with blurring vision, dizziness and random prickling sensations. :zombie:

Awaiting your report from the show...

Turned out I didn't have to write one. A good thing, though - had one too many beers (it was a rather stressful day yesterday and I was inexplicably thirsty). But the gig was pretty good.
Next coming up - Rock The Beach. :D

Katatonia gig called (for us, anyway) on account of migraine. No driving all the way across Los Angeles with blurring vision, dizziness and random prickling sensations. :zombie:

Aw! Migraine sucks! I am a longtime sufferer myself and usually I just want to lie down and wail until it goes away. :cry:

Thanks for the well-wishes. Better now.

Had seen the Kats recently, so it was less of a disappointment than it could have been.

A migraine is a new friend of mine and it really sucks :( I did not understand that I am making the mistake of millenium and went to sauna. After a heat reached to 90 degrees Celsius a migraine seizure hit like a train and I was lucky not to puke up in the sauna room, a quickly running during a migraine I-can-feel-I-am-about to-puke-up is amazing fast :D Oh how I hate this, I wish it stops and do not stay with me for the rest of my life. A nasal spray medicine helps exept my wallet, 15 euros per dose and that money I would more likely to spend to summer festivals :(

Amorphis - Mission.
Been depressed and down and out these days, so I figured I need some music to soothe my soul.

Eh, I feel in a similar way and I also listen to that song.

Definitely my favorite on the album.

Also, I've started to like Wanderer. Yep, I'm definitely into the new album.

Gojira...lots of Gojira. Liked them for a while, but recently they just seem to click for me and I've been spinning them a lot more.

Great fanshot vid for Born in Winter:

Last edited by a moderator: