What are you listening to?

^

I quite like that. Gojira has been on my list "check these bands out" for quite some time now, but you've bumped it many places up. Thanks!

As for me, I've had two great arrivals this week.

First one was Kreator - Endless Pain 1989. re-release on vinyl, including Flag of Hate songs.
I've never been a big Kreator fan, but there was I period when I really liked several of their albums. This one was among them.
I found the LP on one "balkan" auction site for 1600 dinars, which is roughly around 14 euros. The seller claimed that the vinyl was in a relatively good shape, used, but not damaged. Considering the "low" price, I thought that it was bullshit, but since it could be a great addition to my "big" metal collection and would look great among other records on the shelf, and there was the option of paying once the LP arrives, I bought it.
To my surprise, the vinyl is practically new. I estimate it was played once or twice, maybe, but whoever listened to it, left it on their record player for some time, so dust got into grooves a bit, and there was some quite unprofessional handling, meaning some idiot touched the grooves. But there was no real damage to the vinyl itself, and I easily cleaned it up.
The result was a solid sound, might need some more cleaning, but for this price, it was great. The sleeve is mint, by the way, even its borders and corners aren't damaged.

The other arrival, maybe more important for me, personally, was Nest - Trail of the Unwary. Trin helped me find Corvus records, and I got in touch with them via Discogs.
The CD arrived from Bulgaria in just a few days (I actually thought it would take longer, regardless the distance). It's completely new, and it's amazing.
I full-heartedly recommend this band to everyone, but I already think majority of people here have already heard of it. The sound of kantele is just...
Band "frontman" (weird to say so, considering there are only two of them) is an Amo fan, so there's a bonus :)
I also talked with the guy from Corvus, he said that the re-release of Woodsmoke on vinyl is planned, so, double yay.

In short, my ears are happy.

Listening to "The Essential Alice in Chains" compilation.

I usually avoid compilations, but I was in mood for AiC, and I don't have anything from them aside of this one. It's a fine compilation, actually.

Barren Earth -- The Dead Exiles

Mikko's best vocal performance for BE in my opinion. Sad to see him go, but I'm optimistically thinking that if BE need someone with more availability it means that they have more gigs/recording in the works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Second track off the new Turisas album. Even more disappointing than the first, IMO. The intro sounds like an LP played at 45 rpm and it doesn't exactly get better after that. :(

And I would lie if I claimed to have come to grips yet with the thought of Mikko leaving BE. More and more it seems the greatest days of Finnish metal are behind us, but then again, those last ten years were such a golden era that it would have been unrealistic to expect it to last forever.

Fall classes start in October and I'm putting together a class about adolescence and monsters (based around Let the Right One In and Ginger Snaps). The 80's setting and vampires of LtROE have had me listening to:

It still rocks.:Smokedev:

Last edited by a moderator: