What are you listening to?

And a cover full of, ahem, cat pics.
Thumbs_up.gif
Think I'll stop by at Levykauppa Äx tomorrow to check out their acoustic set and see if the vinyl has arrived yet.

Like I said, I tend to like the local bands who combine folklore elements and rock/metal, and they have one of their rare gigs in Sofia next week. Though this is definitely more folk (from the mountains in the southern parts of the country), than any rock. It's just that this kind of music has a very subliminal effect on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, Johnny Cash.

I sometimes wish that there was an option for me to make a original, legit playlist of his songs and then publish it. His discography is enormous and almost impossible to complete, and all the compilations I've seen so far don't have all my favorite songs.

Great artist, nonetheless.

And "The Mercy Seat" is a cover of Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds ;)

Aren't like 60% of his songs covers?

Okay, I'm throwing a random figure here, but really, good chunk of his stuff are covers, be it of some more traditional songs or anything that was on charts during his time.

Still, whatever cover he made, he always gave it a personal stamp.

Maybe. I don't know. But either way, this doesn't make him a lesser artist. He doesn't do covers, but rather his own interpretations.

Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones Part 2 Two spins - not impressed. Part 1 was way better, imho.

I think it's very solid work. More catchy songs than in pt. 1
I think there's some instant classics like Stalemate, The Uncanny Valley, Do Me A Favor... :D

Title track was a let down though..

Btw do you think Amorphis could do something like this? I mean streaming the
new album before it came out? They did it with Skyforger, but I'm not sure about TBOT.

I haven't heard a single catchy song, after at least 4-5 spins ;) I quite like the title track.
It's not a bad album, it's just that there were some pretty good rock anthems in Pt. 1. I mean you hear it the first time and you're "WHOA!". It just sticks in your brain, you play it loud, you pump your fists and sing along from the top your lungs.

But of course, it's all a matter of personal opinion :)

As for Amorphis - I am pretty sure they didn't do it with TBOT. And I am also pretty sure they won't do it with "Circle" either, but only time will tell. Either way, I would care about a stream only if it is done way before the official release - I normally go and buy the album on the day of the release, at the latest.

I normally go and buy the album on the day of the release, at the latest.

Yeah, at least with Amorphis that's a no-brainer! :D
I would probably fly all the way to Los Angeles next Thursday for Circle
pre-listening if you could get the album there..

Oh well at least there's the midnight "ensisoitto" at finnish radio station http://www.radiorock.fi/ where they play the full album the night it comes out.
Also they had Tomi J last time with TBOT release commenting each track before it was played. Those golden moments..

Pure awesomness!
Mike McCready says the following about the song:
"Slip Away,’ which I wrote, was kind of my feeling at the time how [Mad Season] was slipping away. The guitar solo at the end of that, you can hear the pain that’s in that. That’s my pain of how this whole thing was all falling apart when Baker and Layne were dying… Mark [Lanegan] put lyrics to that and they mean something different now… but I’m getting a little deep into what the lead is. You’ll listen to it and you’ll hear pain."

Pain it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Amaranthe's new album The Nexus in the mail yesterday. Really good stuff, it'll keep me occupied till my copy of Eclipse comes in:D