The Second World War (1990)
A History of Warfare (1993)
The First World War (1999)
The Iraq War (2004)

Check him out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Keegan

History of the Peloponnesian War - Thucyidides

Disgrace - Coetzee

The Sharknet - Robert Drewe

all for school and liking them all immensely.

Recently finished reading The Book Of Lost Things by John Connolly and that man is the shit. He is my favourite author next to Tolkien and Kenneth Grahame.

One of my favorites.

I'm reading Shriek: An Afterword by Jeff VanderMeer. It's quite dense and challenging without a strict structural framework. Very meandering and there are two conflicting viewpoints throughout the book, with sprinklings of articles. It's about a fictional city called Ambergris which is built on the ruins of a race of mushroom people. The main story deals with a historian and his sister, who is writing his biography. It's one of the more difficult books I've read since Viriconium by M John Harrison, which is another book about a particular city. Actually a huge influence on the Ambergris books.

I read some of the Amergris stuff, as well as Crypto. Wasn't too shocked-and-awed by either, but both were well written.

I just finished Blood Meridian, The Shadow of the Wind, and Moby Dick and am moving on to Don Quixote. I definately recommend Blood Meridian and Moby to anyone who enjoys a good read, and if gothic novels are your thing, you might enjoy TSOTW, too.

Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis

Only Revolutions by Mark Danielewski (I don't like this book because it was written in stream-of-consciousness. Which I enjoyed with Naked Lunch and worked well with James Joyce's Ulysses, but for some reason I cannot get into this. I really enjoyed House of Leaves and now I'm disappointed that he came out with this annoying book.)

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Black Mass - The True Story of an Unholy Alliance Between the FBI and the Irish Mob by Dick Lehr & Gerard O'Neill ...

two reasons im reading this... I love reading true crime Mob books and 2nd for those who watched the movie The Departed... some of the real life characters in this book led to the characters of Frank Costello & the Matt Damon character... in the book they are Whitey Bulger & John Conolly for those from Boston and recognize the names...

recently finished The Clan of the Cave Bear, Black Monday, and Hurricane Punch...
now reading Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill, son of Stephen King.

edit: HSB is defo givin' me the hebe jebe's...uncertain whether I want to continue or not......okay I'll continue...reluctantly though....

Finished 'NOT The Highway Code - The Unofficial Rules of the Road' today. Though I severely doubt it'll help me pass my driving or theory test - despite the many ironic truths contained within - it did cause me to chuckle loudly on several occasions. Besides, as the book itself claims,

"Of course, it won't help you pass your driving test, but then, passing your driving test won't help you drive either." (Case and point: my oldest sister.
It's always scary being a passenger when she's driving, to put it mildly.)

The only downside is how dry and shit the actual 'Highway Code' book is by comparison.

'Ending the Tobacco Holocaust',
how big tobacco affects our health, pocketbook and political freedom
by Dr Michael Rabinoff
According to the WHO(world health organization) 1000000000(that's billion, boys and girls) people will die from smoking this century -