What bands shouldn't people listen to?

WHAT ARE YOU INSANE!?!

"Hi, I'm John Petrruicnaisunaoscn and I'm the most arrogant guitar player ever to have been spawned from a cesspool of dying Mexican's in a vat of fail"

only John Petrucci thinks he's good.
He's only slightly better than Hammett ffs!

Go listen to Jason Becker, Chris Poland, Alex Skolnick and Marty Friedman, then come back to me and attempt to say Petrucci is better than them.

I agree he sold his soul for chops. but anything he wants to do, he can. while his own compositions with dream theater arent as entertaining as say friedmans, he can play anything that friedman has ever written

While it IS all down to personal taste, there are some bands that are actually scientifically fucking bullshit. They are....

Linkin Park
Pussycat Dolls
Bang Tango
Nelson
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
Mayhem
Gorgoroth
Hatebreed
Korn
Spandau Ballet (Duran Duran fucking kill them)
Tears for Fears
Radiohead
Audioslave (RATM is ok, Soundgarden fucking pwns)
Lacuna Coil
Boris
Gallhammer (seriously, are you fucking kidding me?)
The Limp Bicuits
Eskimo Joe
Faker
Cold Chisel
36 Crazyfists
It Dies Today (but does it though? really, does it?)
Bonded By Blood (seriously, fuck off, STOP WRECKING THRASH)
Madina Lake
Behind Crimson Eyes
Yellowcard
My Chemical Romance
The Used
Aiden
Slipknot
Caliban

There's obviously more, but i can't be arsed thinking about bands that don't deserve my attention. Now everyone go listen to Morbid Angel.

Dave I'd say Venom are just heavy metal or speed metal. They're not thrash I agree with that.

People should not listen to bands they don't like. But having said that, they maybe should every now and again to remind themselves how good the bands they do like are.

I really like Radiohead :p

At least most of the early stuff. I really like their "style." They have been very influential on Math/Tech rock, which I am a big fan of.

Take the last solo on "My Iron Lung" for example. Their use of simple "speed picking" (I can never remember the real name of it, perhaps it's just called alt picking) in choruses and the like is great. It's rare that you see that kind of technique used outside of metal.

I'm sort of into the idea of what Radiohead's music is supposed to sound like, i just don't like what they do with it. And they are massive arseholes, and i saw a live concert of theirs and they just stared at the floor and looked like they were all tripping balls on heroin.

A big massive stage with all these people watching them looking at their toes.
I guess they didn't get where they are based on their live performance. Obviously their fans have never seen KISS.

GODDAMNIT!!!
HOW I COULD FORGET IT???!!!??

TRRIVVVIUM!!!!

I think they are really not worth to listen to, and I don't fuckin care if it's an old or a new album.
They are the reason why I listen to Meshuggah instead, they are kicking such bands in the balls and show where metal comes from though they are not my favourite band and it's very complex stuff..

While it IS all down to personal taste, there are some bands that are actually scientifically fucking bullshit. They are....

Linkin Park
Pussycat Dolls
Bang Tango
Nelson
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
Mayhem
Gorgoroth
Hatebreed
Korn
Spandau Ballet (Duran Duran fucking kill them)
Tears for Fears
Radiohead
Audioslave (RATM is ok, Soundgarden fucking pwns)
Lacuna Coil
Boris
Gallhammer (seriously, are you fucking kidding me?)
The Limp Bicuits
Eskimo Joe
Faker
Cold Chisel
36 Crazyfists
It Dies Today (but does it though? really, does it?)
Bonded By Blood (seriously, fuck off, STOP WRECKING THRASH)
Madina Lake
Behind Crimson Eyes
Yellowcard
My Chemical Romance
The Used
Aiden
Slipknot
Caliban

There's obviously more, but i can't be arsed thinking about bands that don't deserve my attention. Now everyone go listen to Morbid Angel.

RATM is crap, but Chris Cornell is an amazing singer!!
Audioslave was not bad too.

The only black metal people should be allowed to listen to is Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, Venom and early Sarcofago

Akercocke
Bal-Sagoth (Some joker told me they were power)
Emperor (some at least)

Only black metal bands I like.