What book are you reading right now?

Dan Simmons - Hyperion
Iain M. Banks - Use Of Weapons
Stephen King - The Dark Tower II: The Drawing Of The Three

I actually have some others as well, but I haven't picked any of them up for a while, H.P. Lovecraft is one.
I read a lot of books at the same time, I tend to get bored if I only read one, so I need change every now and then.

I'm going to take this oppurtunity to plug my favorite author of all time..

Everyone should read Gene Wolfe.. he is so flipping amazing that it's not even funny. His tetralogies the Books of the New Sun and the Books of the Long Sun transcend anything fantasy or science fiction has EVER produced..

I wish I could give you guys a description but I feel it would be cheating.. if you ever get the chance though check it out..

What I'm actually reading now.. well it's for AP English I will be taking next year..

Jane Austen - Northanger Abbey
(Some Chick) - The Poisonwood Bible
Isabella something - The House of Spirits

Brandon

Hoping to start Terry Goodkind's Faith of the Fallen soon.

Anyone know the newest book recommended by Oprah and her bookclub? :lol: I’m convinced her and Dr. Phil are trying to take over the world. Not that I watch Oprah every morning at 9, hell, I don't even know how to spell her name, Opruh, see?

Originally posted by Autumn Falls
I'm going to take this oppurtunity to plug my favorite author of all time..

Everyone should read Gene Wolfe.. he is so flipping amazing that it's not even funny. His tetralogies the Books of the New Sun and the Books of the Long Sun transcend anything fantasy or science fiction has EVER produced..

I wish I could give you guys a description but I feel it would be cheating.. if you ever get the chance though check it out..

Actually that is pretty much how I would describe Iain M. Banks too, I am not sure if you can get it in the states tho, my copies say 'not for sale in the usa', which would prolly be a good enough reason to move :D

Originally posted by Belial
Is Anne Rice any good? I heard she is overrated.

Yeah, she's good. Her last few novels have seemed a bit 'formulaic', like she's not really trying anymore.

The first three from the Vampire Chronicles are fantastic; the first being 'Interview with the Vampire' which is something of a classic.

So maybe the new stuff is overrated, but her older and more original work is definitely well worth reading.

Right now I'm on the home straight of 'War and Peace' by Tolstoy... any week now ;)

I'm reading "Rivers of Blood, Rivers of Gold : Europe's Conquest of Indigenous Peoples" by Mark Cocker. Good book, i can't put it down once i start reading.

I've read a few short novels since school got out last Thursday

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells

Honestly, I didn't like any of them that much... "Ethan Frome" was my favorite out of that bunch though. Oddly, I prefer non-fiction to fiction, but I've had a desire to read fiction lately... Note: I thought "The Invisible Man" was better than "The Time Machine" personally... I'll be happier when my brain recovers and I can go back to reading non-fiction personally, lol.