What COB album should i buy first?

Apr 25, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Hi, My friend recently gave me a singular COB song... and ive heard a few more since then and to state the obvious (1: i cant spell) its grown on me like a disease and i want more COB music...
What Album would you advice i buy first??
(yes i realise im probably making an idiot of myself...)

Hatebreeder or/and Follow The Reaper later Something Wild and HCDR and then Blooddrunk. That would be my advice... =)

I'd say Follow The Reaper just because it's my favourite album by them but Hatebreeder would be a good choice too.

Depending on which song you've heard, but I'd advise HCD, it's the most neutral album. It has some ''old Bodom'' influences and some thrash influences like the ones nowadays, besides it's a kickass album. Although my opinion isn't really useful as I like all their CD's almost the same :lol: I supose HB or SW if you want the neoclassical side of it (shitloads of fast arpegios, wild solos and dog vocals, :kickass:), but the best't be if you got them all, cos they're quite different from each other.

I'd suggest Hate Crew Deathroll also, not because it's their best album, but because it shows boith sides of Bodom's discography, eg. Needled sounds more like old bodom and You're better off dead more like the new. But as other s have said already, I'd buy as many of the albums in as short period of time your wallet lets you, because then you get the bigger picture faster and you won't start dissing a single bodom-album simply because it doesn't sound like the one you first fell in love with.

I'd suggest Hate Crew Deathroll also, not because it's their best album, but because it shows boith sides of Bodom's discography, eg. Needled sounds more like old bodom and You're better off dead more like the new. But as other s have said already, I'd buy as many of the albums in as short period of time your wallet lets you, because then you get the bigger picture faster and you won't start dissing a single bodom-album simply because it doesn't sound like the one you first fell in love with.

Well said.

Yes, and don't forget to totally skip Are You Dead Yet?, which was composed and played by drunk orangutans.

I don't understand why everyone hate Are You Dead Yet?. I've heard all the songs of AYDY except Next In Line and Bastards Of Bodom, and they're all great.. It's not like they're playing three different riffs in 10 min. like Metallica did on St. Anger? I think you should get all the Bodom albums, cus they're all great :).