What concert have you been to recently?

Last show I went to was Nevermore here in their home town back in August.

I was supposed to see IE among others at Seattle Metalfest but couldn't go. My car was fucked up but I had a ride. Christ, I even had tickets for me and my buddy...and he bailed on me without giving me any fucking notice.

I missed Into Eternity because that cocksucker was too busy listening to some Rockabilly bullshit while he was having sex with his sasquatch of a girlfriend.

Holy shit, I think this is the first post I have made on the IE forum. :lol:

can't really remember the last show i saw. but i do have a ton of shows coming up, with IE in a couple weeks

Saw Krisiun, Belphegor, and Unleashed on Friday. I thought Krisiun and Belphegor were awesome and had never heard Unleashed before so I wanted to check them out, but I didn't care for them and I left after they played only 3 songs.

Well they claim to sound like old school death metal, but they don't sound like Dismember or Entombed, their guitars were very thin and weak sounding and all the songs sounded the same, there wasn't much melody, I didn't care for them, actually they sound a little bit like Vader, who I don't like much either, but that's just me

I just downloaded their debut album which was released in 91, and it does sound like old school death to me, so it may just be the newer stuff that sound like Vader, but I'm kinda diggin this album, I'll get some of their newer material and see what it sounds like.

just saw Killswitch Engage, Dragonforce, Chimaira and He Is Legend, one of the few metal shows that make it to Buffalo, NY

future shows i'm looking forward to:
-Dark Tranquility, Haunted, Into Eternity, Scar Symmetry (for the latter two bands)
-Sonata Arctica

anything else that may come my way

I have hardly been to shows lately.. I think the last one was Into Eternity when we were in Canada last year in October! Or actually it was a benefit for the Stephensons where they had a short set among some other bands. Before that we were at Progpower early October, since the vacation Nico has seen Evergrey (I couldn't go because of a migraine) and that's it. We were supposed to see Brainstorm in December, that was an important gig for me but Nico got sick and couldn't drive (I don't have a license). This year we haven't seen anything yet. We had Pain of Salvation planned for this weekend, but so far we both so don't feel like going. It's weird, but it's probably just because we're very focused on our emigration procedure at the moment, that's almost all we can think about ;)

all that remains metro chicago-tight band really good live actually
enslaved pearl room mokena-absolutely slayed live (dark funeral blew huge sacks though, too repetitive and fake. Give it up d.f. you dont worship shit)

last one was Lamb of God/Trivium/Machine Head/Gojira

next up is IE tomorrow night. a few days after is heaven & hell/megadeth/down

How did you like Gojira? I saw them last year and was totally blown away! I don't like them as much on CD (though I don't have their latest) but live I was so.. well just blown away. And not even Cryptopsy after them could top it! :O (though now with MH it's tough competition too, that's one of the other most mindblowing live bands I know)

And I'm a tad jealous you'll be seeing H&H! I'm not sure if I get to see them here in Europe. We always LOVE to go to the Bang Your Head festival in southern Germany, but due to our emigration plans we don't have the money for it anymore this year. And the billing is awesome as always, this year with a.o. my homies of Brainstorm and Evergrey on the bill and H&H headlining!! OUCH! I am lucky to have seen Dio a few times the past years, and he used to do a lot of classics, so I shouldn't complain tooooo much. But still, this H&H should be even sweeter :)
Oh and I don't know if you know my friends Sandra and Kristie from Regina.. but they are going to Winnipeg for Paul Di'Anno and the IE show (http://www.saskmetal.com/index.php?topic=5254.0). You've gotta say hi to them if you would recognize them :kickass:

gojira were awesome. when we got there, they had already started, but i got to see them play a few more songs, playing the best stuff from the latest cd. since they had the first slot, they probably didn't do anything from The Link, just the latest cd.

MH were awesome, but the set was only 5 songs (2 new ones, imperium, old & davidian). H&H should be awesome, as well as the support bands. i'm on the floor too, which is sweet! Vinny is also doing a drum clinic here the day before, so i may check that out as well

i don't think i know them. but i'll probably be wearing a Vader shirt w/ a camo hoodie, so they can spot me