What do YOU do with your spare time in the winter?

I do the same things I do in the summer... hang out with friends, go on the computer... watch movies, listen to music. I have a pool, jacuzzi, work out gym, outdoor tennis, indoor badminton/squash and saunas in the recreation centre downstairs (in my condo)... so I have plenty to do :) it's great.

Stoker said:
I do the same things I do in the summer... hang out with friends, go on the computer... watch movies, listen to music. I have a pool, jacuzzi, work out gym, outdoor tennis, indoor badminton/squash and saunas in the recreation centre downstairs (in my condo)... so I have plenty to do :) it's great.

same - except for more video games and working out. And less gay shit like tennis. :( sorry :lol: im just messin around - tennis is hard man! i blow at tennis!

I just moved here... and I don't really play tennis. I plan to learn in the summer for a good work out. :)
Doing laps in the pool is great

Stoker said:
I just moved here... and I don't really play tennis. I plan to learn in the summer for a good work out. :)
Doing laps in the pool is great

word - swimming is hard too - esp. since i'm like 4% body fat, i sink like a fuggin rock - imagine how hard i have to push against that water just to stay afloat!!!

4 % eh? That's pretty good!
Anyway, talk to you some other. I have to go to sleep. Work at 9 a.m tomorrow

I spend, Nov & Dec repairing/replacing what I've broke/ worn out on my boats during the summer. Hang out for the holidays with family/old friends, The first part of Jan. is spent preparing for the annual winter road trip down to Florida to hang out, boat with friends, then road trip from there thru Misery, 'Bama, Texas, New Mexico, to Arizona, to hang at Lake Havasu, visit some Indian friends, do the Grand Canyon deal, California (this year) and depending on time schedule I'm gonna hit Maui or Molakai for two or three weeks. Should be late March when I get back, in time to get ready to slave another spring/ summer/fall on (mostly) ungrateful customers boats. I don't get to enjoy spring/summer/fall much, so In the winter I try to make the most of it. Actually, the BW&BK deal was the only real time I took off this summer., that and the Rumble on the River, but that was more work than fun.Slave to the grind.:Smug:

Reverand Joint Smoker said:
I spend, Nov & Dec repairing/replacing what I've broke/ worn out on my boats during the summer. Hang out for the holidays with family/old friends, The first part of Jan. is spent preparing for the annual winter road trip down to Florida to hang out, boat with friends, then road trip from there thru Misery, 'Bama, Texas, New Mexico, to Arizona, to hang at Lake Havasu, visit some Indian friends, do the Grand Canyon deal, California (this year) and depending on time schedule I'm gonna hit Maui or Molakai for two or three weeks. Should be late March when I get back, in time to get ready to slave another spring/ summer/fall on (mostly) ungrateful customers boats. I don't get to enjoy spring/summer/fall much, so In the winter I try to make the most of it. Actually, the BW&BK deal was the only real time I took off this summer., that and the Rumble on the River, but that was more work than fun.Slave to the grind.:Smug:

are you rich, or just fund savvy?

LOM and I go huntin for varmits so's we can have us some vittles for Christmas supper.

I read more in the winter, there's something oh so cozy about cuddling up in a warm bed with a good book until you fall asleep.

winter? shovel snow, drink beers, write songs. sleep, read books.
get in the doghouse with my girlfriends- a natural talent.

All the exciting stuff.

OfficerNice

FretsAflame said:
are you rich, or just fund savvy?
Fund savvy, single, have no kids.( 2 dogs,cat)Marine repair pays well if you a smart about it. Shrink wrapping and winterization is very low overhead, but 12-24 hours days from late september to the first week of december, when I close the doors for the season, a lot of that is cash in hand. this year I had a lot of repowers, where I paid nothing to very little for customers old motors and rebuilt or parted them out. I've watched a lot of people make a complicated mess out of their lives, mired in debt, kids, crappy jobs and have tried to avoid that at all costs. The "American Dream" is a big fat lie. keep it easy going and avoid pitfalls and things go pretty smooth. I also don'y pay anyone to do anything I can't do myself, I'm pretty picky, so I probably would'nt be satisfied anyway. Personal accomplishment is a big goal for me. That and stay out of the bars, I've seen so many people waste their life/money/well being there. Sorry for the sermon.;)

How YOU doin? :tickled: ;)

Kickin' back with a 12'er of Killians, enjoying the show. Hey, I'm kinda looking for a penticle with a rose quartz in the center for a necklace type deal, on the smaller side, I've looked all over up here, anything down your way?

Kickin' back with a 12'er of Killians, enjoying the show. Hey, I'm kinda looking for a penticle with a rose quartz in the center for a necklace type deal, on the smaller side, I've looked all over up here, anything down your way?
That's kinda girly there man...Um...there's some Pagan stores here, but of course they are overpriced. I have yet to find one around these parts that I like. Most of them carry nothing interesting. I've found most of my things on ebay or online. I think the only things I haven't found online are things I've purchased at Scarborough Faire. My wand (that you can see in my sig, it has the pentacle on tope) and a ring I always wear, and some other random stuff.

that's pretty smart rev - keep in mind though that a lot of people enjoy their lives :D

also ya have that independence factor - that's cool though you seem to dig it \m/ :D \m/

BlackwaterNymph said:
That's kinda girly there man...Um...there's some Pagan stores here, but of course they are overpriced. I have yet to find one around these parts that I like. Most of them carry nothing interesting. I've found most of my things on ebay or online. I think the only things I haven't found online are things I've purchased at Scarborough Faire. My wand (that you can see in my sig, it has the pentacle on tope) and a ring I always wear, and some other random stuff.
It's for one of my dog's collars actually. 115 lb Black Lab, gotta keep 'em lookin' metal ya know. I have one already for my Wolf/Huskie, neither one has a mean bone in their body,in fact they are overly friendly, but they are pretty intimidating to people who don't know them. My neighbors at my campsite last year were complete bible humpers, Nanook wanderd over there to say hello this summer one morning and the woman just about lost her fucking mind, "That beast has the mark of Satan on him!" amongst other hysterical rantings, a truley priceless moment. I think they spent the rest of the day blessing their camper and lot, when I came back off the lake, they packed up and left, think I saw them twice all summer after that. anyhoo I'm drunk and rambling...................................