what would you do if...

Originally posted by GravelessSoul

I wonder how popular Diabolical Masquerade would get if the movie "Death's Design" actually came out...

NP: Dodheimsgard - "Final Conquest"

well its deffinatly not coming out, EVER. but i get your point. and i doubt anyone would give a shit, which is surprising, i mean how could you not love it. :cry:

Many of you seem to think, that if Katatonia hit through big time, it will be those "Limp Bizkit teenies" who listen Katatonia... Well, in my opinion Katatonia could make a success, but more in alternative rock (oh what a genre) way... There are bands like Placebo, Radiohead, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and beforementioned Kent, which have shown with their sales, that there are lot of "smart" people who buy records... Why not they would support Katatonia?
But as some of you already said, I like this situation where Katatonia is more an underground band, more... :)

Well, in my opinion Katatonia could make a success, but more in alternative rock (oh what a genre) way... There are bands like Placebo, Radiohead, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and beforementioned Kent, which have shown with their sales, that there are lot of "smart" people who buy records... Why not they would support Katatonia?

You're right, I really hope that they can have a big succes in that direction...There are many " smart" people around that could enjoy their music!

Originally posted by Klemi
Many of you seem to think, that if Katatonia hit through big time, it will be those "Limp Bizkit teenies" who listen Katatonia... Well, in my opinion Katatonia could make a success, but more in alternative rock (oh what a genre) way... There are bands like Placebo, Radiohead, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and beforementioned Kent, which have shown with their sales, that there are lot of "smart" people who buy records... Why not they would support Katatonia?
But as some of you already said, I like this situation where Katatonia is more an underground band, more... :)

well i can't see it happening at all, if the last 2 albums at least haven't got the credit they desrved i don't see what they can now do to hit the big time. the last 2, well 4 are some of the best albums i've ever heard, and if thats not good enough to even get more than alright/good reviews, then i dont know how they can make it big now. :confused:

I wouldn't care. If they make it big, they make it big. And at least they'll make it big with a brand of music that has meaning and feeling to it. And that may be a good kicks up the arse for music in general. I'd much rather hear them on the radio than some of the pap out there. And it would be well deserved.

And I would really not care about a bunch of teenagers listening to it. Some of them may go on to something amazing themselves and be inspired. Good music should not be something locked and hidden away only for those in the know to listen to.

And the only thing you need to get big is good promotion in a lot of cases.

And I think they deserve the money ;)