movies, etc

elric

crunchy frog
Oct 16, 2001
u.s.a.
okay, kind of a random question... but what sorts of things in other types of media (movies, books, art, etc) do you think inhabit the same sort of realm as katatonia? or, i suppose more generally, what are some suggestions (completely un-kata related) for books, movies, etc?

my personal reccomendation, although not terribly katatonia-ish (well, it does have a bit of the same flavor, i suppose... more i think about it, the more similar it seems :p ) would have to be neil gaiman's sandman comics...

anyone else?

Originally posted by elric

my personal reccomendation, although not terribly katatonia-ish (well, it does have a bit of the same flavor, i suppose... more i think about it, the more similar it seems :p ) would have to be neil gaiman's sandman comics...

anyone else?

I read "Sandman" too!!!(" Death" as well)
As far as literature is concerned I would relate Katatonia with some poets such as Rimbaud (especially "Une saison en enfer", it's so sombre and desperate), Baudelaire, E.A. Poe, T.S Eliot and many others.
As for arts I would quote E. Schiele, Kokoschka,Munch and other expressionists...

"Requiem For A Dream" defenitely, it has a lot of the katatonia spirit... especially in LFDGD it works really great for them...

SANDMAN! YAY! :D Some of Neil Gaimans other works such as 'Neverwhere' (I really liked Gaimans description of London Below and of its various inhabitants and monsters) and some of the short stories in 'Smoke and Mirrors' (mostly surreal) could be considered Katatonia-ish...