Farewell/Adios etc. etc.

Mike just called me, ermin - he says you can stay. Then he started asking me about taking some guitar lessons from me AGAIN...I had to hang up on him. Man! Come on, Mike.

Moonlapse said:
Basically, and I suppose I can understand this, it didn't sit well with Opeth (or maybe just Anna, I don't know for sure) that I made alot of slanderous posts against Deliverance. Surely, you guys remember those? Pretty harsh - yeah, I admit.

Secondly, it seems that some posts I made in regards to the downloading of Ghost Reveries didn't sit too well with them either. I wasn't told for sure, but I believe it's the post where I said something along the lines of 'I'll download it, blare it out of my monitors, then buy it if it's good'.

:yell: there goes my chance at ever moderating.

Tis a shame. But i think he might be better moving on... he was part of a crowd of people who shared a lot of his way of thinking and discussion. Believe it or not, the Opeth forum was an amazing forum in 2002, with so so much to offer everyone who posted. Now, it really is a shithole. The intelligence level dropped so drastically, and that's why so many of us moved away. I just recently came back just to see what it was like, and there is NOTHING here that reminds me of how it once was, besides Ermin. This forum is no different from any other band forum on the net, and that saddens me. Anyway, I've got Ermin on MSN so i'm not too worried, i'll see jut as much of him as i always did :)

Mumblefood said:
Tis a shame. But i think he might be better moving on... he was part of a crowd of people who shared a lot of his way of thinking and discussion. Believe it or not, the Opeth forum was an amazing forum in 2002, with so so much to offer everyone who posted. Now, it really is a shithole. The intelligence level dropped so drastically, and that's why so many of us moved away.

unfortunately

Benighted1 said:
This is bullshit, Seems quite coincedental that this sort of thing is starting to happen just after signing with roadrunner, leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Hahaha, the RR theories are never going to end.

I'm glad that things are getting reconsidered, Moonlapse. This forum can't afford to lose any good posters.

Mumblefood said:

Actually, I think the forum has been getting better lately. If there was a time for him to be "moving on", it was a year or two ago when the place was 100% trolling and shit posts, not now when there's some sense of community coming back.

Hondo said:
Actually, I think the forum has been getting better lately. If there was a time for him to be "moving on", it was a year or two ago when the place was 100% trolling and shit posts, not now when there's some sense of community coming back.

It may be more of a "community"... but i still don't see any worthwhile posting going on. Looking For A Job is the worst of all. I have honestly never seen one interesting or useful post with his name beside it. It's impossible to save this place because the community IS a bunch of people who aren't interested in any real discussion.

Unfortunately, I wasn't around during the glory days of the forum, but I'd love to see a second coming. I hope all you cool old-school posters don't pack up and leave too quickly... this place needs some veterans to keep things grounded.

Mumblefood said:
It may be more of a "community"... but i still don't see any worthwhile posting going on.

There is worthwhile posting going on. But it's not this:

Mumblefood said:
listen to the older albums you fuck.

I definitely have started to see an improvement with this forum especially on the first page. Many of the people that I notice complaining about how bad this forum is don't do anything to try to change it like starting original threads and making intelligent posts. They basically contribute to the debauchery and then complain about it.

I've seen most of the members on this board make intelligent posts occasionally so I know most of us are capable of holding worthwile discussions. Whether it will continue to improve into what it once was, before myself and many of the current members joined, I don't know, but I do wish people would stop complaining and whining about how it used to be and maybe try to do something about it instead.

Jon Snow said:
Many of the people that I notice complaining about how bad this forum is don't do anything to try to change it like starting original threads and making intelligent posts. They basically contribute to the debauchery and then complain about it.

Yeah, my awesome "favorite opeth moments" thread is getting buried while lame one-liner type Opeth vs. Iron Maiden threads are thriving.

Hey, why don't you go post in there.

To be honest, this forum moved beyond the point of making those "let's talk about the beauty of Opeth" threads and more about how Opeth is directly or indirectly related to other topics. I don't mind that, as we've run out of new Opeth material to disect and analyze, other than the Grand Conjuration leak which has its own thread started by one of our contributors to the supposed downfall of this forum. Regardless, I don't mind the lack of intellectual or insightful posts at the moment. Maybe when GR is released, I'll be expecting some more in depth discussions here.

I don't know if it's so much the intelligence level as it may be the age level... but they go hand in hand.

Hm I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Either way, I was using the word intellgence pretty loosely there. A person's lack of wisdom (which you are referencing) can be easily detected over the net, and is usually because of age. Although I could be totally wrong and the forum could be populated by immature "adults" :yuk:

Sad. Sure I haven't been on this forum very long, but from years of forum surfing, Moonlapse is/was one of the cooler moderators I have had the pleasure of, well, being moderated by? See you around, Moonie.

I haven't been on here for a while, but after a friend informed me of this, I had to read up on what was going on. Moonlapse: you're a great contribution to this board --- moderator or not. You did the job well, though, and I can't see it being as good without you. I hope things get resolved, and if they don't, good luck to you, and farewell.

Protected Witness said:
But who will make the Opeth tabs now?

wankerness, duh.

convert to powertabs or die.

.....eh, befor eI make any other assinine comments I"ll read the last 4 pages of the thread.

I highly doubt that he will be gone forever. He'll always browse this forum, without posting...so technically he isn't really gone. He is a ghost...
While he was a good guy, we all need to refrain from getting bent about it. We need to realize that this is an internet forum, not a family picnic.

Mumblefood said:
It may be more of a "community"... but i still don't see any worthwhile posting going on. Looking For A Job is the worst of all. I have honestly never seen one interesting or useful post with his name beside it. It's impossible to save this place because the community IS a bunch of people who aren't interested in any real discussion.

when in doubt, visit the blabbermouth comments.

I don't mind this forum at all.

gunhaver annoys me from time to time, but I've never felt insulted. And If people are insulted by him they need to check with their psychiatrists for some insecurity issues.

Moonlapse is an excellent mod.

I am an asshole.

Most of th epeople in the forum are incredibly pretentious, music nerds. Who are also incredibly ignorant about the very thing they believe themselves to be so "in touch" with. "OMG Opeth R Genusses!"

They're not geniuses, they're unique, creative, and yes very talented. There is a lot of the fanboy phenom stirring up regarding opeth and its quite annoying, and I think that probably causes alot of the trolling that goes on here.

It's all about balance...and right now there's not much of a middle ground. If you get what I"m trying to say.

bah, I give up. I make no sense. I"m too sober for 2 am.