Farewell/Adios etc. etc.

MetalAges said:
Hey guys,
I will say that I think the powers that be in the Opeth camp realize now that Moonie is a good dude and hopefully he will be able to stay on as mod. I'm not quite sure what led to the misunderstanding so let's just hope he gets the thumbs up (in thanks to a lot of you guys here and vouching for him). It was all probably an honest misunderstanding somewhere along the line.

Word.

He'll just have to be more of a hard ass. I don't see why Opeth.com didn't just say that in the first place instead of turning it into a drama festival by telling him he was getting the sack.

Moonie was already in kickass mode these past few days. When he was browsing the forums I saw a few threads getting shut down, he wasn't taking any shit. That's why this came out of nowhere, in my mind anyways.

hey guys,

The idea was to stop posting here, since this is a farewell thread... but reading through all this, and seeing all this support is understatably phenomenal. The least you guys deserve is a clear understanding of what actually happened.

I have no idea what I could have done during the course of 3 years to garner all this support from you people, but just know that it's really really appreciated.

So to get down with it, I'll explain what happened from my end.

Basically, this drama wasn't caused due to my neglect of some hurtful threads or whatnot. To all the people like NFU who've expressed some apologies, I appreciate it, but there's really no need for you guys to do it.

The reason this happened is because of my own opinion and posts on some issues.

Basically, and I suppose I can understand this, it didn't sit well with Opeth (or maybe just Anna, I don't know for sure) that I made alot of slanderous posts against Deliverance. Surely, you guys remember those? Pretty harsh - yeah, I admit.

Secondly, it seems that some posts I made in regards to the downloading of Ghost Reveries didn't sit too well with them either. I wasn't told for sure, but I believe it's the post where I said something along the lines of 'I'll download it, blare it out of my monitors, then buy it if it's good'. Not very reassuring words from a moderator, are they? :). For whatever it's worth, in the light of hearing The Grand Conjuration I won't even hesitate buying the album, because all the blaring has been done already.

So basically, it was more my opinions as a user on here as opposed to neglect or anything of the sort as a moderator that led up to all this.

And just keep in mind guys I don't want to vindicate or demonize Opeth.com, or the band themselves. Everyone's out for their own interest, and the band most likely have alot more to lose from these types of situations than any of us do. So, I can understand their reasoning in how they handled this situation. I just wish there was a 'warning - second chance' system, so it didn't have to come down to this.

I've just been informed by MetalAges that YOUR tremendous response here has caused Opeth.com to review the situation with the band themselves. So as MetalAges himself put it, I hope it's just a big misunderstanding that we can put behind us as soon as possible.

So I'm out of words... I think 'Thank you all very very much' will have to suffice here.

I'm really appreciative of your support, and hopefully we can go back to how things were.

I'll see you all around - maybe.
Ermin.

Moonlapse said:
I'll see you all around - maybe.
Ermin.

I hope all of this support will at least convince you to stick around even if you don't get the mod job back.

Anyways, thanks for clarifying the situation. It's a lot easier now to understand how this happened.

Jon Snow said:
I hope all of this support will at least convince you to stick around even if you don't get the mod job back.

Anyways, thanks for clarifying the situation. It's a lot easier now to understand how this happened.

(and i am rather optimistic about the whole thing now...)

Well they have to take it into account and consider it. They might own the forum but we ARE the forum. And we want our fucken opinionated bastard back!!

WTF! I leave the board for one day and everything goes to shit?! This can only mean one thing.. I am destined to become the new mod.

It's been real moonie. I'll never forget the time when I first came to the board and everyone was pointing and laughing at me, and then you hushed the board down and said "now children, i'de like you to meet one of our new posters, opeth_evan." it made me feel welcome.

seriously though, that sucks man. best wishes.

It'd be a shame to lose you again, Mr. Moon.

And again, I thank you for censoring me. It's been a pleasure, and I look forward to many more years of censorship (hopefully). :p

In any case, don't ever abandoned your Opethian bretheren. Your divine insight is vastly appreciated and your contribution is infinitly welcome here. Without you, the harmonious balance of maturity/troll would heavily weigh more towards the latter, and the Moonlapse/Gunhaver continuum would lost, and this could quite possibly end existance as we know it.

This is how much of a valid of a human being you are. So stay. Plzzzzz.

hell, i just got home from work and read this, itd be a tradgedy if you stopped posting here Moonlapse, your posts are always worth a read, plus youre a great guy, i really hoping opeth.com will overturn their decision and youre here to moderate for years to come!....if not see ya at the Melbourne show dude

well, see ya moonlapse. hopefully you will still return to this forum under a different profile. if so, pm some people so we can say whats up

haha i could see this happening, a thread full of knowing winks and secret codes for the in-crowd who knew of Moonlapses secret alter ego

Hey...is that who i think it is? ;)
Yea....i think we all know who that is ;);)
Ahhh so thats?
Ohhh yeah thats "Mr X" ;)

Hopefully this will be "to be continued"

This is bullshit, Seems quite coincedental that this sort of thing is starting to happen just after signing with roadrunner, leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

on a seperate note, Im gona miss you moonlapse, you've recommended me some damn fine music so cheers man!