Farewell/Adios etc. etc.

Mumblefood said:
It may be more of a "community"... but i still don't see any worthwhile posting going on. Looking For A Job is the worst of all. I have honestly never seen one interesting or useful post with his name beside it. It's impossible to save this place because the community IS a bunch of people who aren't interested in any real discussion.

I've never seen any posts by mumblefood that weren't of the whiny "I hate this person" type.

but, I haven't really posted anything any different than that anyway. so ..heh, whatever.

mumblefood sucks. I do not. end of my public inner-monologue.

the_drip said:
I've never seen any posts by mumblefood that weren't of the whiny "I hate this person" type.

but, I haven't really posted anything any different than that anyway. so ..heh, whatever.

mumblefood sucks. I do not. end of my public inner-monologue.

i liked his old forest of october solo videos, but obviously during that time you weren't here :wave:

Mumblefood said:
Now, it really is a shithole. The intelligence level dropped so drastically, and that's why so many of us moved away. I just recently came back just to see what it was like, and there is NOTHING here that reminds me of how it once was, besides Ermin. This forum is no different from any other band forum on the net, and that saddens me.
Agreed 100%

I've been here for YEARS, but refrained from posting because of the way things turned out. I've known Bumblefoot for over 4 years, both at the Petrucci forum and this one, and agree with him all the way.

All these cheap trolls make this board shitty.

Apprentice's Master said:
To be honest, this forum moved beyond the point of making those "let's talk about the beauty of Opeth" threads and more about how Opeth is directly or indirectly related to other topics. I don't mind that, as we've run out of new Opeth material to disect and analyze, other than the Grand Conjuration leak which has its own thread started by one of our contributors to the supposed downfall of this forum. Regardless, I don't mind the lack of intellectual or insightful posts at the moment. Maybe when GR is released, I'll be expecting some more in depth discussions here.

A long long time ago we could actually discuss things that didn't pretain to Opeth. The community was much smaller though.

I do agree that the type of posters that have joined over the course of this board's exsistence has gotten progressively worse.

Bumble you should have never told so many people about Opeth! I blame this all on you. :Spin:

This does suck though, and does make the place a little less worth coming to. I guess I'll continue to lurk as I always have, and post now and then like so. There does seem to be a lot of change surrounding Opeth, and so far I don't particularily care for it, but that's just my loss.

People need to stop bitching about this place, I checked this place out for about 6 months before I joined nothing really ever happened. The place has improved alot in the last few days in terms of intelligent discusion as we actually have something to talk about.

Arnold Layne said:
People need to stop bitching about this place, I checked this place out for about 6 months before I joined nothing really ever happened. The place has improved alot in the last few days in terms of intelligent discusion as we actually have something to talk about.

i totally agree...

Arnold Layne said:

I'd have to say you haven't been around long enough to know when it was actually a lot better than what it was/is.

TehLeperAffinity said:
Maybe there was actually Opeth related stuff to talk about back then.

mh, there was much off-topic back then too...but i agree it was just different. there were less ppl here and everybody knew everyone better. the whole thing had a more familiar touch. but all those ppl who say that this forum was so much better in the past want to turn back time which is actually impossible...

TehLeperAffinity said:
Maybe there was actually Opeth related stuff to talk about back then.

And non-Opeth related stuff as well. I just said what I did because he joined in 2004, and was still just browsing in 2004, that's a year ago. The times I speak of are between 2001-2002. Around 2003 or so is when it started to go down hill.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
mh, there was much off-topic back then too...but i agree it was just different. there were less ppl here and everybody knew everyone better. the whole thing had a more familiar touch. but all those ppl who say that this forum was so much better in the past want to turn back time which is actually impossible...

What about trying to keep the things from then, that better the forum, still here? Like Moonlapse as a mod?

TehLeperAffinity said:
I've been wondering this for a while, why do Opeth use UM? Sure, I like Ultimate Metal, but there's only one forum for us to talk in.

There were once two. An Opeth off topic forum that was extremely popular. It turned into the regular chat off topic, and lost momentum. Now no one posts there really.

You can also post in whatever forum you like, regardless if you signed up to post on Opeth's message board...

CladInDarkness said:
What about trying to keep the things from then, that better the forum, still here? Like Moonlapse as a mod?

Yea, i've been trying much too keep moonlapse since i heard that he is about to be fired.

my remark was rather in the general direction of those veterans who keep saying that everything was so much better in the past and wish all members that came past 2002 to go away again.

it would be great if this forum could become a better place - but seriously i think it was quite good lately (meaning the last week and especially since last saturday...)