Farewell/Adios etc. etc.

saut said:
I wonder who they are planning on replacing Moonlapse with. Will it be a forum regular, or will it be an outsider? This forum will be in dire need of moderation as the release date approaches...
Yeah this forum is getting huge, I wouldn't be suprised if they brought in someone from the record company to take over... seeing they already have the record company telling them what to post as news on the front page.

I've never participated in a forum where the moderator(s) weren't as much (if not more) a part of the community as the rest of the posters.

No one in particular from the community really comes to mind for the next mod. Whoever gets the position will have a lot of work cut out for them.

Farewell, Moonlapse. I've just read the news and am completely shocked. It's all an overreaction. I was voting you for mod and you've done a splendid job here, you were an active forum member, contributing only positive things to this board. You'll be missed. Adieu, my friend.

bah

even I... the registered lurker... am saddened :(

why get rid of a moderator of 3 years?
and what more could you want from a mod anyway?
that was about the best mod you could hope for... wasn't a band kissass, and actually had opinions

we'll probably get The Terminator now
just some mindless machine mod who deletes and bans and puts rules and limits on everything

We will soon be forced to use perfect grammar.
/endpsychadelia

we want our badass mod back

Rensei said:
Still no answer from Miss. Akerfeldt.
What about you AntZ0r?

Nope. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. I'm not sure.

Well, can't blaim her for being a bit fed up about the forum.

To be honest, I'm surprised they let Trey back in. "At some point it has gone too far" doesn't resemble "welcome back and behave" that much...

By the way, indeed Trey's made some pretty good posts. But they can't outweigh any insult.

Me, I just hope this place will be a fun place again, hopefully with Trey, if necessary, without him and others who want to fuck things up, whether they think they are joking or not.

re trey: Why is it that some people seem to think they have the right not to be insulted? Cause they dont. Deal with it, Trey has made some good posts. He can be an idiot at times but i find some of his posts hilarious, and has made my 'stay' here more enjoyable recently.

re moonlapse: Sorry to see you go mate. You were a good mod, hope you will be back to visit occasionally.

Does this move me up in the old bastard ranks?

One more thing, to the powers that be: The whole point of a forum is for like minded people to come and chat about things. It doesnt matter if that thing happens to be the band itself, or anything else that everyone / a lot of people / even just a few people find interesting. I dont understand how, because a mod that is popular with just about everyone on this forum doesnt agree with the band's own opinions on how this forum should be strapped down, and ruled by disctatorship, it means he should leave. With a forum, surely you want the best interests of the users at heart, obviously within reason? This whole thing, and others (removal of the off topic forum, banning of off topic threads, others like it) just make me think more and more than the band, or at least opeth.com, care more about their image than its fans and their enjoyment.

re mp3s: Agree with a lot of what's said above. Opeth wouldnt be where they were now without mp3s, like it or not. Its not very respectful to post a whole album up on here or whatever, but i see no problem with the radio rip (after all radio is free to listen to) or general discussion on file sharing / mp3 downloading.

This just seems like the latest in a string of silly events that arent doing anything to help the atmosphere on here.

Moonlapse is 18 years old. Quite a decent guitarist for his age, I'd say :Spin:

ChrisEmerson said:
re trey: Why is it that some people seem to think they have the right not to be insulted? Cause they dont. Deal with it, Trey has made some good posts. He can be an idiot at times but i find some of his posts hilarious, and has made my 'stay' here more enjoyable recently.

Are you really asking why you can't insult people?

Because of fucking HUMAN DECENCY, that's why. Would you insult someone in the face in real life? No of course not, it's just not polite.

Besides all that, there is really no good reason for it. Insulting someone for a reason is one thing, but insulting them because you are on a internet forum and you want to be cool is just plain stupid. If you would meet Mikael + Anna on a show, you would shit in your pants instead of insulting them...

About the people who claim "it's a joke": that is YOUR interpretation. But that's not the point. You see, there are 6 billion people on this world, and they all have a difference taste in humour. Now, if you'd make a joke on, for example, a good friend of yours, is very different from making a joke on someone who you don't even know. And a bad joke even, one that the average person might find offending...

All you need to do before you hid the post button is to check to see if you are (unintentionally) insulting soming...

MetalAges said:
Listen, I liked Trey/Looking as much as anyone (at times) and found him entertaining but sometimes to "trolly". I have asked him in the past to chill about that kind of stuff and really he didn't. Moonlapse also sent him message several times. After reading the insult directed at Mike's wife (whether playing or not) I banned him. There comes a point where enough is just enough unfortunately.
Man, UM is such a gay hole nowadays.

Someone getting banned because some chick is ugly and she can't take it is fucking queer.