Farewell/Adios etc. etc.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
this is getting really...mysterious.

why doesnt the one (whoever it actually really is) firing moonlapse not just explain the reason and all here...?
Doesnt seems fair...

Yeah, they did the same to gunhaver AKA Looking for a Job.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Although I am a new member, I have been lurking for some time, and you seemed like a really cool guy, and the videos of you playing the leper/forest solos and your other covers were really good! sad to see you go!

I'm willing to bet some buffoon from roadrunner will be coming here to mod. Pretty soon this place will be on lockdown. The only way this person will be able to keep control is by bannings, I mean, who the hell is going to respect him? Any way you can tell us anymore as to what happened?

my theory is it was about that insulting sig gunhaver had with Mike/Anna's marriage. after removing it he continued to insult her in one of the threads, so subsequently he was banned and Moonlapse relieved from his mod duties for letting that kind of behavior slide.

R0l0 said:
my theory is it was about that insulting sig gunhaver had with Mike/Anna's marriage. after removing it he continued to insult her in one of the threads, so subsequently he was banned and Moonlapse relieved from his mod duties for letting that kind of behavior slide.
Weird, I didn't think that was very offensive, but maybe Swedish views on marriage are different from American views??

Petition for what? To let Moonlapse Mod again? I'm not sure he would come back now..... And I seriously doubt Anna or Roadrunner thinks this is as "big of deal" as we are making it. They are not community members - at least to the degree we are. They also said that Moonlaspe should not be mod, not that he is banned from the boards. Moonlapse took it upon himself not to post here anymore.

(I would sign the petition though if it does get started).

moonlapse_3.jpg

MOONLAPSE
1992-1995

I think that he did step over the line in insulting Anna so much, although the sig was pretty funny and seemed pretty harmless to me. The comments were out of line though.

This forum is going to be quite different...

R0l0 said:

mh, what specific thread a you referring to?
i thought that sig was rather funny and trey removed it after the request...
and firing moonlapse for that wouldnt be right...i mean opeth.com could have giving him new instructions or smth....

:erk:

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
mh, what specific thread a you referring to?
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61202 read the last 2 pages of that thread....

steel102 said:
Weird, I didn't think that was very offensive, but maybe Swedish views on marriage are different from American views??
hah, I don't know. but I put myslef in a woman's mindset and I think I might be offended if one of my husband's fans repeatedly insults me like that... not to mention him calling NIF a skank in the same thread.

a, thx for the link. i stopped reading that thread on page 2 or smth.
ok, this wasnt nice by trey but remember that ppl have called mike a nazi and whatever and nothing happened...

and it still doesnt make lots of sense that moonie got fired...without a word of gratitude...

+ the whole offensive part of that thread happened in a few hours...a mod cant be on 24/7...

Well moonlapse...what can i say. Knowing that one of the threads i started is the reason youre getting the boot...i cant help but feel partially responsible. Just so you know, the ONLY reason i felt it might not be a big deal to post info on the nevermore leak, is because when i posted the link to the sneak peak video of nevermore in the studio, and Mikael himself posted a response of positive attitude and manner, so i figured anything which wasnt spam, or negative or a detraction from this forum was fair game. Apparently i was wrong and i apologize. Had i known the consequences for you, i surely wouldnt have done it.

On the second note, i really wish you wouldnt leave because of this. Moderator or not...its good to have you around.

I DONT WANT TO BE THE LAST VETERAN ON THIS BOARD!!

so stay man....please. itll be lonely here in the sea of noobs without you.

no offense guys. ;)

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
a, thx for the link. i stopped reading that thread on page 2 or smth.
ok, this wasnt nice by trey but remember that ppl have called mike a nazi and whatever and nothing happened...

and it still doesnt make lots of sense that moonie got fired...without a word of gratitude...

+ the whole offensive part of that thread happened in a few hours...a mod cant be on 24/7...

Maybe Mike doesn't give a shit if people call him a nazi? This, however, obviously offended them on a more personal level. Plus, as we've stated, he's had many other offensive sigs/posts before this so maybe it was a culmination of things.

bangadrian said:
i think banning trey was definitely an overreaction. some people take jokes way too seriously, i thought it was funny

but wasn't he warned a few times? Jokes aren't always meant to be taken as jokes, some people really do find them offending no matter how funny they may seem to others. Not everyone has the same thought process. I know for me personally, I take certain jokes to heart and it really does hurt. We just have to be careful with what we joke about.

Now I hope trey was at least given at least 3 fair chances/warnings before being banned. If it was immediate ban, than I think we should be questioning the banning, but otherwise I can't really say much else.

Moonlapse, it's been great to have you a mod, and I honestly didn't know you were a mod until recently. Or I may have forgotten since I joined the forum, that you were mod. But you contributed a lot to this forum and this thread speaks for itself. I remember you'd always post clips of you playing opeth covers in the "record an opeth riff" threads. I hope you can continue to play guitar and listen to opeth! Farewell