What do you expect from the next Cob album/single/DVD/thing?

Missiles

Confusing avatar! :O
Jan 2, 2004
Approachin'
Now the possibilities of making a new album without being repetitive are very reduced I think. Will they make just another Hate Crew Deathroll? Will they do a radical change like In Flames and Metallica? ( Shit, no. I can't imagine Mr.Bunny with rastas ) Will they do a new and fresh album? ( I hope so. )

It has been said that the new album will sound very punkish, if this is true, I just hope it won't lose the CoB own style.

What do you think?

im thinking something more along the lines of HCDR...and while i love that album...i dont want to hear another one. They seem to reinvent themselves each album, so hopefully they'll do it again, and for the best....id like to see them return to their playing around the later part of SW/Hatebreeder..... I enjoyed FTR but it came off too polished in a sense..you could argue that though...just believe in bodom!

I think that if they mix a bit of all of their albums they can get a new one without being unoriginal.

Something like this:

Something Wild+Hatebreeder+Follow The Reaper+Hate Crew Deathroll = :headbang:

Then, add some spice, shake it vigourosly and take it into the microwave for 5 minutes, and... Hey! It rlz!

I think the clean vocals call might be right, but I think it will still be an amazing album. It will probably be a lot like HateCrew, maybe some new and fresh keyboard sounds. I think Alexi will solo with a whole new style, kind of like HateCrew. But if you have seen them live, you can tell that Alexi is soloing way differently now and I like it a lot. They will probably try some new drum beats. Who is the rythem player if Alexander is out? Is it Roope or will Alexi do both guitars like Rebel Yell?

I am expecting it to be a treat. I can't wait to hear what they cover on the DVD/EP they put out, and the Sixpounder video will be good as well!

As for the new album; even on the other four there was always a sound there that was undeniably Bodom; so the new one I have a feeling will still have that Bodom core, and I am not sure what else they'll inject into it! But I am sure it will be somthing good. :) After four killer albums I more than trust the guys!

Yep, the clean voice of Alexi is not so good, and I think it doesn't fit with CoB music.

However, clean guitars would be cool ( like the one in Children Of Decandence, and someones in the Something Wild album if I remember correctly ).

I think clean vocals will be ok, as long as it is not along the line of what Anders Friden is doing now (or at least on Reroute to Remain I have not yet heard Soundtrack to Your Escape, except The Quiet Place). I also read that Roope is playing the 2nd guitar on the new EP, so I wonder if that is true will Roope play rythym only or will he play lead also. Whatever it sounds like I am sure Children of Bodom will not disapoint us, except those people that think music can not progress they might be dissapointed cuz this EP will most likely have some progression be it small or large

I expect more homosexuality than was previously thought to be possible; i.e. pure homoerotica in compact disc form.

So? I'm not a fucking tosspot fanboy - you should at least be grateful I listen to a band before trashing them like the idiots they are.