what do you love and hate the most about where you live?

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Personally, I love that I'm stationed in a place where I can buy brand new guitars for about 400 bucks cheaper than retail, as well as everything else. Everything from clothes to music to food is much cheaper here in South Korea. The thing I hate the worst about it is that alot of Koreans are EXTREMELY rude and unappreciative. We're over here because they ask us to be, not because we want to be. Then they attack us and spit on us (literally) every chance they get. Fuck em. Glad I'm going to live in Italy for a few years next month.

I love Stockholm as a city, it got lots of water, nice old buildings and lots of water everywhere. + Good pubs and bars to hang out hang out with my friends in. It's overall a very beautiful city.:)

What i hate is that it can be hard to get close to people here, lots of stuff is very expensive, and it's virtualy impossible to get an appartment unless you are very rich.

Originally posted by thrashmetal78
Fuck em. Glad I'm going to live in Italy for a few years next month.
are you army or air force? I think you'll really like Italy. I have many friends who have lived there and they've all loved it. where are you going to be stationed?

Originally posted by DeepInMisery
It's a tough job to be hateful.
true. hate takes up too much energy.

I'm AF, and I'll be going to Aviano. All I've heard was how great it was...it's in the middle of everything! Slovenia, Germany, the Alps, etc. etc. ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!!

Good: Parents, Opeth are playing here in March, it's generally okay as far as cities go...

Bad: Pretty much everything else.

Originally posted by thrashmetal78
I'm AF, and I'll be going to Aviano. All I've heard was how great it was...it's in the middle of everything! Slovenia, Germany, the Alps, etc. etc. ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!!
I'm an army brat but I know lots of people who have spent time there. the wine, the people, the sun, damn, it sounds like the very opposite of korea! if you need any info, especially about Germany, keep in touch, I have quite a few knowledgeable friends who went to college in Munich.

Good: The space, the nature, the peace, the feel to belong, most of the people (who want to move away as quickly as possible... :lol: ), it's long way from everywhere...

Bad: People, it's long way from everywhere...

Like: Northern California is beautiful, & SF is a rockin city, & what would life be without Togo's and Jamba Juice..

Dislike: Way too expensive, too many people crammed into the valley & they're a bunch of status driven snuppie (that's a word I made up..it's a mix of yuppie and snob) assholes..

Props: The water, the beach, friends, family, the silence (but not too far from the city)...

Drops: Lack of wild nature, every damn citizen in this fucking town!!!

Good: It's in a forested and mountainous area. Not as densely populated as many cities are. This might be seen as "racism", but whatever... I live in a community where it's still okay to be white.

Bad: Many of the people around here act like they know Jesus personally and take offence to my lack of concern for organized religion. At least 90 minutes away from a good show. 5 to 6 hours away from a venue that most European/US metal bands play. Most of my "friends" are back stabbing pricks.

good
nature, food places, $1.25 movie rentals

bad
ugly bitch females(most of them), I am the only one that listens to metal, I have to drive 30 miles to go to a school that doesnt suck, hardly any good shows, always raining, never snowing, nothing to do.

(i live in a town with 1500 people