What do you think of Alexi's guitar tone?

i like alexi tone. i find it quite unique. it's like his signature! but this tone however only suits black/death metal kind of stuff... i found a band on my space, the guitarist there is using same amp as alexi - and they got quite similar tone too... they play similar style music as COB. check out the song "Lake of the Dead" - http://www.myspace.com/outerdarkness. you won't regret if you are cob fan... they sound just like cob!!! amazing band and amazing tone too.

i have a marshall jmp-1 i am being able to get some good tones out of it... including something that would sound like alexi.

I´m buying in this month Peavey Bandit 112, and I have same stuff what Alexi have on guitar, so I hope that I srew out some good Bodom sound from it =)

It has very good EQ changers, and other changers too so I expect good sound for me...

does somebody know a shop in europ where i can order a MM04 ???
i can't get it nowhere in austria yet :-(

I bought last MM-04 from Musamaailma, you have to buy custom to get one now.

It is pretty easy do own, you just have to know what to buy, and where to buy those components.

Maybe next year (I´m learning to electrician) I start make those boosters :D

a friend of mine can build me evrything i want so i wanna ask him to build a volume booster or has somebody the shematics?!

I found old Marshall Valvestate 8080. And it whit MM-04 and EMG-Hz H4 should be good team :)

in my opinion, although i might be wrong, the most important component of alexi tone is that stupid preamp that he is using. I've heard people using totally different guitars with that amp and they could achieve tone which sounds so much like alexi. I have E-AL-120 guitar and jmp-1 and the tone is nowhere near as those people.

By the way, gp1000 just got off the ebay for 535$! :-O I am really surprised who'd wanna pay that much for such an old amp! it's worth 150 bucks not more and thats how much i am willing to pay for it. I was thinking of buying it... but for 535$! what the hell... whoever bought it - must be a much bigger fan of COB than me :p

Yeah, you´re right, but I have heard couple times how people have get, on my ear atleast, excatly same sound without any GP 1000. Both was played with Alexi 600, and other one was with booster.... If I remember right.

But the Laihos old sound was a little bit "unique", and that comes from booster I think... Because nobody else don´t use that... Ofcourse, it just, like mix the sound, but the sound had made from Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000. And some Marshall cabinet just play singnal what it gets, and maybe but some Marshallist distortion on it :)

can anyone please who has the booster and no gp1000 demonstrate their tone? on youtube or something?

Now guys, last time, which i should bought:

Marshall Valvestate 8080
Or
Peavey Bandit 112?

Peavey seems to be more expensive, good thing, because i get it same price that Marshall

And this guy have everything what Laiho have

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cyphol

Even as good playing skills what Laiho have, and he have played just over 2 ½ years, and learned those song on ear!

And he haven´t practice much, only summer 5 hours a day, normally 2! If remember right.

well since alexi only has one-pickup guitars it dosent have the sweetest tone, but the way he creates his unique sound im not sure, but i would call it "razor-sharp distortion"

how does everyone set their amp to get alexie tone..:Smokin:

When i'm playing COB songs I usually have the bass high, trebel just over half and mid just under half. The key part is not scooping the mid so much like most metal players do. I think it sounds right, i'm using a roland cube 30 and a Jackson RR24

^that sucks if your gain has a maximum of 10 :p

Haven't played bodom in a while but when I did I put my axe through a valvestate lowered the gain, and scooped the channel. I managed to get a pretty nice tone similar to that on HB.