Alexi's soloing style

EndelVai

New Metal Member
Jan 16, 2002
Thessaloniki, Greece
Well I consider that many of you are guitarists. So am I. My thoughts about Alexi's style and solos is the following...

Alexi IS a very good guitar player.He may should be reffered as "Death Metal Malmsteen" heheh. He likes shredding, he sure is melodic and has classical influences which can be figured out by the scales he uses.Of course, he is fast for sure.

But I don't think he is a guitar hero.His style is patronising itself and sometimes is repeated.He has a lack of individuality.Alexi can not been comp[ared with inhuman guitar players like Vai, Satriani. Moore etc. and his solos are not hard to play.

Believe it and play it......

(I am Greek so... sorry for any mistakes in language):D

I Agree you with that one, I think Alexi plays too much those same licks in his solos, but hi`s techinically very good and fast.
But this is my opinion=) Afterall Alexi is a darn good composer and player!

Yeah, his solos are very repetitive. They are (almost) always based on extremely fast licks and sweep pickings. They sound really similar.
But.... oh shit...... they are so fucking cool..........

ALEXI IS GOD!!!!!!!!!
:headbang:

Don't really care,
I absolutely love CoB's music and that is all that matters to me.
When I first listened to Deadnight Warrior they got me, and I'm still awestruck every time I die ... no, listen to it, and anyone who accomplishes something like that is my hero.
:)

you guys are fuckin crazy! alexi is a guitar god if ive ever heard one. yes, some of his solos do sound kind of similar to others but you arent thinking about how many fucking solos he has. Alexi has 3 cob albums all with solos, 3 sinergy albums all with solos too, I mean it must be a little hard to make a completely new and original solo every fucking time, some of them are gonna sound the familiar. and for alexi Slowing down, have you heard "laid to rest" from sinergy, alexi plays slow in that one (even though slow for alexi is still pretty fast) lol
o well im just voicing my opinion
I think we do all agree on one thing though Alexi is fuckin bad ass:p

I agree with most of you...alexi is one of my fav players but far from beeing the best... when i first started to listen to his solos i was like...OH MY GOD THAT IS IMPOSIBLE... but i didnt knew a lot of music at the time...i dont think now they are so dificult after all...i now love his stile feeling and speed...but in therms of tecnics of course he isnt the most complete...his music is very linear and predictable but thats how i like it...but for full ass kicking guitar heroes try Jason Becker ... Marty Friedman...Satriani or another hundreds...but for songwritting alexi is one dham god

DAMMIT PEOPLE

You can't compare Alexi to Steve Vai, Vai is a fucking boring "11 fingered" guitar player, while Alexi's compositions makes you wanna buy an axe and crush a Backstreet Boy's chest open!! :heh:

Alexi is a damn great composer!!
And just like when you listen to a Mark Knopfler song, and you just know it's him who's playing, the same happens with COB: it's a unique style.
Damn, people still argue with shit like "what's COB's style?", and then ppl come here and say his solos have no originality??

Give me a FUCKING BREAK!! :bah: