Alexi Laiho - Reap 'N' Roll

thanks dude! i´ve looked on the website of young guitar, where i can order it!
the magazin looks really interresting, but i think iam a little motherfucker who will download the video...(no money! :yell: )

The Soulforged said:
too bad it is in japanese

the book is, but he speaks in finnish in the rehearsal space, and english in the instructional video... which isn't even really an instructianal video, just him going off on guitar...

Just buy the mag/dvd off ebay. It is all there so reach into that pocket and stop being so cheap.

i agree with bobvex, the dude is just going off on guitar. if he wanted to make a killer instructional video he would. i mean...as musicians on this forum, give the fucker a break. we all fuck up, and his mistakes werent even that bad, man. he does concentrates on precesion, its just that this video is just improvised you can tell. anyway...its all good, he is still agreat player, better than all of us on here. all im saying is just give the guy a break....just because he wows us with solos on hatebreeder and follow the reaper, and whatever other albums you guys like, doesnt mean that he isnt allowed to fuck up. he isnt perfect. he isnt a god. :p

i dont know what to think about his dream theater comments becasue i never really listened to them much. but its his opinion so whatever. its nothing to bitch about, we all hate some bands...who cares. dave mustaine made a pety ass move not including them on his tour because of it, which was fucked up. and yeah i agree his ass cried about shit on the metallica movie, but he had reasons. metallica fucked him over, and they used his music on the kill em all. but if anyone is a pussy its kurt hammet, lars ulrich and james hetfield. fucking paying a faggot 40,000 dollars a month just to tell them what their problems are. they can figure shit out on their own..this dude is raping their asses. i agree 100% with zakk wylde for dissing james hetfield afew months ago. and as for jason newsted, i hate the fucker but i give him props for getting another band together...even though they fucking suck but hey....it made lars' faggot ass cry for about 10 minutes because the dude moved on and was making more progress than metallica at the time. fuck st anger.

okay, maybe i got off subject a little there....but i guess ill finish this post with one of Gavin's quotes..and that is Symphony X kicks all of your asses. :D

gkelter said:
:tickled: I'm sorry, did you say Alexi improvised what he played on the video? I guess you haven't heard HCDR. :tickled:

by improvised i mean he was just fucking around. like i said if he wanted to make a killer instructional video, he could. he would make it perfect. but he just didnt care too much on this one, almost every otehr time he would play the parts and just say "yeah...something like that" but yeah, by improvise i mean he was just dicking around on the guitar, showing people how to play shit. the dude doesnt have to play serious all the time. but passage to the reaper was a little better. but a lot of those sweeps and shit he did on this one were pretty crazy

gkelter said:
:tickled: I'm sorry, did you say Alexi improvised what he played on the video? I guess you haven't heard HCDR. :tickled:
i think he means that the video itself was inprovised, not the playing.

YG was like "hey make us a 10 or 15 minute video of you playing some licks." "uhhhh... okay..what should i put on it?"
YG: "I don't know, do what you want. Do some stuff off the new album, with you guys fucking around...."
":confused:"

As alexi said in the Guitar world mag a few months ago "And then there are the guys who concentrate on all the little details and never fuck up one note when they play live. you know what? thats not cool! if your're going crazy onstage and you miss a note of two, who gives a shit? It just shows you are realy into it"

yeah what is with bodoms new found exposure?? all of a sudden everyboidy likes them.I'm wearing my hatebreeder t-shirt and a girl at school was like," omg children of bodom! Alexi is so hot!!!" she was one of those hot topic girls. she was kinda hot...I'm gonna get on that.

The Soulforged said:
yeah what is with bodoms new found exposure?? all of a sudden everyboidy likes them.I'm wearing my hatebreeder t-shirt and a girl at school was like," omg children of bodom! Alexi is so hot!!!" she was one of those hot topic girls. she was kinda hot...I'm gonna get on that.
What a teeny bopper! please shoot her! I know a lot of girls who listen to metal Only because the dudes have long blonde hair :err: