What do you think of Alexi's guitar tone?

Alexi used a 5150 on Something Wild. He got the rack later. Some of the Sinergy stuff was recorded on a Lee Jackson GP1000 plugged into a 5150 as a preamp. GP1000 is a really good preamp. You just have to know how to use it. It sounds much better with Jackson JE1000 gainboost too.

Roope sayed something like that GP 1000 don´t sound good only itself, but when you add active electronic/gain booster it is great!

That's what Nazgul was saying too.

If you listen to Sinergy's cover of Rock You Like A Hurricane...oh shit, I love the tone on that SOOO much. Fucking amazing.

I had the GP1000 once at my house. One of my friends got in a trade and never used it. I ran it thru my SS Crate which then served as a poweramp. It truly sucked. I got a buzzy, metal-zone sound out of it :D. But cleans were extremely loud and clean! He then sold it to one guy in Sweden (a member here - Kurtma) and he has a J50BC + JE1000 and likes it a lot. Before he got a JE1000 gain boost he said that it was buzzy too and that the JE1000 cleaned it up nice :). I'd like to try one once again, since I got J50BC and JE1000 clone installed in my RR-J2SP yesterday :cool:.

Damn I would be happy if I find GP 1000 somewhere.

It is possibly to but the GP 1000, like on any amplifier, like using EFX loop? So the combo amp works like a normal cabinet (just play the sound what it get, don´t do anything on singal)?

It is possible to connect GP1000 with your combo amp and bypass the combo's preamp section. It would still use it's poweramp section though and if the combo is not a tube amp it is likley to sound like shit (like it did with my Crate GX130c head).

It is possible to connect GP1000 with your combo amp and bypass the combo's preamp section. It would still use it's poweramp section though and if the combo is not a tube amp it is likley to sound like shit (like it did with my Crate GX130c head).

he has good tone...scooping the mids is something noobies do..do that live and you just sound like poo and no one can hear you..alexi tone is really good.

Alexi Plays an RR1?

no I don't think so. He's currently with ESP, and when he was with Jackson as far as I know he didn't use the RR1.

Actually, I have the RR1...so I'm hoping I'd know if he used it lol.

The Jackson RR24 that's just been released is probably the closest Jackson to what he uses (the custom ESPs)

Did Alexi really use a Peavey Classic 50/50 poweramp for Something Wild?

And what poweramp did he use for Follow the Reaper?