What do you think of Alexi's guitar tone?

The three dip switches on JE1000 (and the MM04 copy of it) we're not EQ, you have an amp to change the EQ if you want.

By activating the dip switches you can gradually lower the frequency of the pickup resonance peak. The switches can be set in 8 different combinations. In order the combinations are (higher to lower frequency).

1. all off
2. Activated 1
3. Activated 2
4. Activated 1 & 2
5. Activated 3
6. Activated 1 & 3
7. Activated 2 & 3
8. Activated 1, 2 and 3

Get it? I think the FTR setting would be something like 3. or 4. combination. I depends on your amp too and you will never get the FTR sound 100%, even if you use the same amp that Alexi used.

His tone has always sucked. He does not have tone. It's just distorted guitar.
Listen to Opeth, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, BB King if you want tone lol.
He does have tone... listen to some Sinergy the tone is great, its perfect for the style of music he plays.

Alexi doesn't use wide wibrato much and doesn't use the neck pickup which is why he doesn't get that smooth type of sound that JP and Opeth get etc.

Thanks!

"You will never get the FTR sound 100%, even if you use the same amp that Alexi used."

If I have 100% same gear what he have, I can surely get ast least same sound what they have on live (that cause in studio they mix they songs, usually). Players fingers = "touch", is moust improtant thing, yeah, but the SOUND can be very very close to original, playing don´t :lol:

... And in MM-04 have 4 those Switches on that kind-of-EQ-thing... JE-1000 has 3.

What you thing on 4 swiches, what is the moust closest the JE-1000 3&4 "combo" (I mean 2, or 1 and 2 on activated ON JE-1000)

Pretty unclear, but hopefully you get that :loco:

And sorry, I didn´t find "Edit" button first, my bad.

I've seen some pics of MM04, and yes you can order it with 3 or 4 switches. Sorry, but I have no idea what 4th switch doe :erk:. Why don't you ask the store (Musaill...I don't know how to spell it :D)?

^ Musamaailma. :D

I know a guy who ordered the MM-04 with 4 switches for his ESP RV-398AL. I have to talk to him about that thing..

Thanks!!! Hopefully you get some information...

Ask Gain Trim Pot setups too... (I mean component what to chage you need some tools, not that one whats is hand change potentiometer)

┼Victim of the Night┼;6043758 said:
But related to Alexi's current guitar tone... yeah I like it, but not as much as in the past: it was the best in Hatebreeder and Hate Crew Deathroll albums, for me.

^+1

The tone in HCDR is really really good.

it's great...
BUT
alexi started to shred his sound a bit....cause if ya listen to the chaos ridden years versions and maybe the episode of young guitar, alexi played a lot more exactly in the y g version...whatever...a bit shredding is ok

Alexisi tone and playing sucks now a days :lol:

But, I get some new information from Musamaailma. IT IS EQ CHANGER!

They wrote: "In the three dip switches is treble/middle/Bass .
and in four dip switches treble/high mid/low mid/bass mid.

I have four dip switches, so what setups you recommmend now for Follow The Reaper guitar sound?

I think his tone is great for the type of music he plays, but wouldn't work with too much else. But I probably like the Follow The Reaper tone the best

What is wrong with Scythes Of Bodom forum, because I just registered to their forum, but I can´t post reply :/

I founded topic called "Children of Bodom Guitars, also Roope/Henkka", and there are some users who have MM-04/JE1000, and I want ask their setups.

If someone can help me (post reply to http://www.scythes-of-bodom.com/cgi-bin/boards/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=30;st=80 ) and ask their setups to JE-1000/MM-04, I really appreciate that.

Best tone is with Sinergy, especially when u listen to the song ''I spit on your grave" from 0:31 - 0:36

Pure sex

I think his tone is a lot better than most modern players, who go for this shitty scooped 5150 with a tubescreamer sound. With Alexi and Roopes tones you can actually hear what they're playing, and you can hear the guitars tone, not just the amps, which is a welcome change from say, Jeff Loomis, even though Jeff is one of my favourite players.

alexi's tone is great and yes, a lil bit of the thin tone make his guit cause it has a neck thru -> thinner sound and a guitar with bolt on neck makes a lil bit more mid-sound...
the sustain difference is also very small between these 2 typs but the advantage of a neck-thru is that you can have a really great passage form the neck to the body of the guitar... however..