What do you think of Alexi's guitar tone?

With most guitar players who use the neck pick-up for solos, I find their sound too fat and kind of boring. The presets must be set specifically for the neck pick-up tone, or it gets a rather dry sound. I like it better for a clean sound tho, since it's bassier and I like the smooth, soft and deep sound for clean.

I like the bridge pick-up more for distortion, because it highlights phrasing and harmonics better. I'm the kind of player who concentrates very much on phrasing, even when shredding like mad, because changing your picking angle or adding some vibrato or whatever can change the "mood" of the note and they way you hear the note so much.

Just my thoughts, feel free to comment.

I know a guy who uses the neck pickup exclusively. He makes it work though - he's a pretty good player.

Yeah, like I said, if the presets are good for the neck pickup, then it might sound very good. I believe John Petrucci uses mostly a neck pickup for his solos and I like his tone.

I plan to buy a custom RR1 in the future...

I'm trying to read stuff about woods, trying a lot guitars..

Ben Johnson: Is there an option to make the neck and fret board skinnier? My hands are kinda small and its to play at the upper parts of the neck when soloing. Right now I think its the option "butt width" under the neck section..

The difference between 1 5/8" and 1 11/16" is only 1/16 of an inch. This is probably not a big deal for most people - I'm just used to the R2 floyd size (1 5/8") after playing on one for so long. You'd probably be fine with the 1 11/16. Most guitars have this nut size anyway.

I like his tone I'm using that too (I think it's DAFCGD don't remember :p just started with it :rofl:)
Lol... what Conti said. Guitar tone is just the type of sound alexi get from his amps and guitars (fingers and playing style too if you wanna be techical)

Anyways I liked the tone on HCRD, It's heavy but not too heavy... great balance. FTR tone seemed a little thin to me... I also liked his tone on Sinergy as well.

I get MM-04 Gainbosoter finally istalled, i and its gives fucking awesome tone:headbang: But its hard to change the setups (like EQ), because i have to open my hole guitar allways :Smug:

So, do you know what setups is good for Bodom (moustly FTR)? I get pretty good FTR solo sound already, but now its is too much gain for riffs :rolleyes: