What does "Viva Emptiness" mean?

Johannes 13,18

my confidant
Nov 30, 2004
Germany
www.szyn.de
It sounds easy to answer, but when i thought about it i saw different meanings that could fit to it. What do you think? Does it mean like "Long live Emptiness" or "Come alive emptiness" or "Fill the emptiness" or somethin else.

Maybe the anwer is clear, but i'm not able to give it, i thought about it for too long now.

Well, I think that the album was originally going to be called 'viva death' but that's kind of irrellevant

Viva Emptiness = Yay! Long live Depression and Emptiness within me!

That's about it right there.

Well it's basically an oxymoron, being "Viva" a positive word and "emptiness" a negative one.

so as people already mentioned here it's a sort of celebration of the emptiness of the modern era, obsessions, fears, coldness, criminality, decay, feelings deceived and so on...
It's a sort of black humour, which is something constantly present in Katatonia philosophy.

I think it's like saying the world is so fucked up, I have so many bad feelings and so on, but we cannot get rid of them and must live with all this shit, so in a sarcastic way, this "viva" is like the laugh of desperation that comes when you have cried too much and have no more tears to shed....

It sounds like a surrender to me. To exclaim "Viva Emptiness" is to run out of energy and join the grey mass you once despised.