What does your forum name mean?

Mine is not as unique as some of you all! :)

When I was growing up in the 80s, my friends nicknamed me "Diamond Dave" after David Lee Roth of Van Halen fame.

When I was on IRC networks back in the 90s, "Diamond" was already taken so I added a number to it. At first I was "Diamond7" but later changed it to "Diamond45". Why the 45? I really don't know. 45-RPM records? Colt 45? (The revolver, the malt liquor... etc.) It's been so long ago I really don't remember! :lol:

Anyone who saw me on the rail during the Therion set at PPUSA VI
or saw me in the lobby afterwards should know how big a Therion fan I am. :heh:
For those who didn't - the forum name, the avatar, etc should explain.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to go by "DrumRman" on here and all the forums I was on. However it had been years and years since I touched a drum kit. Made sense to bring on over my radio show name which I have been doing since early 2006.

I actually still have the "DrumRman" account on here (UM boards) only because I have that name as the administrator for the Firewind forum. Guess I should contact Deron about swapping it to this one, and tossing that one!

I was 14 years-old and my favorite band at the time was a local act that had a very distinct "shock rock" stage show. They constantly used that phrase and always cited influence from Alice Cooper and Ozzy. Well, when I needed create my first handle, I just thought of what I liked best at the time (that band) and how I could make it "original." And of course every site said to include numbers, and at the time it was "totally cool" to switch out letters for numerals, so.... "shock rock" became "sh0kr0k" and I've used it ever since.

It's a little embarrassing these days because of the intentional misspelling and attempted "733Tness" but it's always available everytime I sign up on a new site. Plus if I keep using the same one, I can always remember it, and can easily connect with people across multiple sites. I've recently been using a new one and it's already causing a headache to connect across sites. I've been contemplating changing my UM name to something a little more mature and oriented for this community, but then I've gone by this for so long now......

the Mech in my tag refers to Biomech, as in HevyDevy's Ocean Machine album.
used to be OceanMech. At one time I think I used Lord Bravery in some forums after a character on a WB cartoon.

So you're not a car mechanic?

Dammit, Ben! You ruined it for me! :lol:

And btw, Ocean Machine r0x!!

I like Rage and at one point my license plate ended in PSV. I'm a creative guy, aren't I? Awesome.

For those of you who didn't see the absurd thread dedicated to my sn that Jasonic started, obviously Nomis is Simon spelled backwards. As for the Siman, well when I was in high school, there would be times I would make weird sounds/new words and some people called it Simonese. When I was in a creative writing class, I had to write a short story. Unfortunately at the time I was very sick with fluish type shit (which at the time made me feel what I assume it would feel like to be on drugs) and I created this dumb as fuck fantasy tale about lizard humans that inhabited a land I named Siman. Wow! I can't believe I actually admitted to that shit. Anyways, years later I sort of combined the two into Nomisofsiman and I just liked the sound of it and it has stuck ever since.

And btw, Ocean Machine r0x!!

It's one of my Top 2 or 3 CDs of all time. :worship: :kickass:

Tycho Celchu is a minor character from Star Wars. He is an X-wing pilot in Rogue Squadron, the squad led by Wedge Antilles, and is initially Wedge's second-in-command. He figures mainly in the Expanded Universe. In the X-Wing series of novels, he is a major character.

Okay, I didn't know that. I can tell you what docking bay was used at Mos Eisley spaceport for the Millenium Falcon (94) and which one in the Death Star (327), but I Did Not Know That. I find this slightly....relieving. :)

:lol:
Do you use the same password too??? :)

No, he uses "Joshua." ANY 80s 'puter geek know this. :)

Anyway, "Pellaz" is a character in a series of books by a friend of mine.

Mine was given to me by Colleen and Todd to separate me from all the other guys with the name John on the forums.

Mine has nothing to do with music. My family nickname is Scooter. Always taken on every site, even through the iterations with 5cooter and sc00ter, etc.
When I was "baking" my Dad told my mom that whether I was a boy or a girl, he wanted to name me Yardley Bates Pierce. My Mom won that argument, though Yardley would have been a cool name. Anyways, like Tammy,

it's always available everytime I sign up on a new site.

never have to spell it weird or anything.