What does your forum name mean?

Same here, the 777 signified my love of Ibanez Jem guitars, which I owned a few of, at one time.... :erk:

A man after my own heart! Mine is obviously also about the Ibanez Jem777 guitar, the first Steve Vai signature model. Since I am a huge Vai fan and I've lived in Arizona for the past 20 years or so, I just combined the two.

A man after my own heart! Mine is obviously also about the Ibanez Jem777 guitar, the first Steve Vai signature model. Since I am a huge Vai fan and I've lived in Arizona for the past 20 years or so, I just combined the two.

I miss them something fierce! I'll never be able to own anything like them again.... :ill:

Out of work for almost 2 years, had to sell to pay the bills, and eat...BAD times.......

I made my name up for a Ravenloft set D&D game a long time ago. Maybe about 97 or thereabouts. I've been using it ever since. Whenever it's not available I use my shaman's name from WoW, Gwunhar.

At one time I think I used Lord Bravery in some forums after a character on a WB cartoon.

At least you didn't go with Lord Smoked Meats and Fishes. Bonus internets to anyone that gets that joke without having to look it up.

I chose mine because it was ridiculous.

I used "Ruthven" or "Lord Ruthven" for years, and some people started calling me that in real life (only mispronouncing it). And while I read classic vampire fiction, having people call me "Lord Ruthven" socially was a bit much. FYI, calling me "Derek" is more than fine.

I decided to go with a new name that wasn't as "expected." The Museum for Puppetry Arts has a Jim Henson exhibit with a dog puppet inspired by those Dogs Playing Poker paintings. I was either going to go with "Puppets Rule!" or "Dogs Playing Poker," and I went with the latter.

Of course, since I can be rather predictable, I am thinking about taking a new name with a H.P. Lovecraft theme.

<---

No. Not really, but close.

Back when I started using the internet I had to come up with a user name on AOHell. Everything I could think of related to my name was taken (unless I stuck some numbers on the end). So instead, I though of my favorite plane which is a Lockheed P-38 Lightning. Every iteration of that was taken too. I read a book once that talked about when the P-38 was in testing. Production test airplanes have always had a "Y" at the beginning of their identifier (YP back in the WWII days when fighters were called "Pursuit" planes, and YF since they got changed to "Fighter). So the Production test P-38s were YP-38s. They were gorgeous as they just polished aluminum and more streamlined than the final production aircraft. The workers at the Lockheed factory, according to the book, started calling them "Yippee 38s." It worked, and it stuck.

The plane in my avatar is the 5000th P-38 built. The "Yippee" on it comes from that original nickname. Unfortunately, that particular airplane crashed into some homes near the factory shortly after it was built.

<---

No. Not really, but close.

Back when I started using the internet I had to come up with a user name on AOHell. Everything I could think of related to my name was taken (unless I stuck some numbers on the end). So instead, I though of my favorite plane which is a Lockheed P-38 Lightning. Every iteration of that was taken too. I read a book once that talked about when the P-38 was in testing. Production test airplanes have always had a "Y" at the beginning of their identifier (YP back in the WWII days when fighters were called "Pursuit" planes, and YF since they got changed to "Fighter). So the Production test P-38s were YP-38s. They were gorgeous as they just polished aluminum and more streamlined than the final production aircraft. The workers at the Lockheed factory, according to the book, started calling them "Yippee 38s." It worked, and it stuck.

The plane in my avatar is the 5000th P-38 built. The "Yippee" on it comes from that original nickname. Unfortunately, that particular airplane crashed into some homes near the factory shortly after it was built.

That's pretty neat.

I was a pretty big Angrafan back in the day... It's a bit outdated by now.

To be honest, it was a bit outdated when I first signed up to this forum. But some people from the Sava board already knew me as Angrafan, so I kept it hahahah But I am not a huge fan of their post-Holy Land efforts... =P

I was a pretty big Angrafan back in the day... It's a bit outdated by now.

To be honest, it was a bit outdated when I first signed up to this forum. But some people from the Sava board already knew me as Angrafan, so I kept it hahahah But I am not a huge fan of their post-Holy Land efforts... =P

You can still change it! :lol:

My original forum nick back in the days of AOhelL was Skorpyon. I liked the german spelling of it, with an Anglo-Saxon twist (I'm a scorpio, go fig). In college, I had to branch out and get my own account, because my dad and I argued too much on when we could be online. I love the Darkchylde comics and I'm a freak, so I mixed the two. :)

when Shaye and Urban got married, i was their officiant...and yes, i really am a real reverend
and um...my name really is Su
so yeah..Reverend Su

(other places will see me listed as Original Su or The Su...or The Reverend Su)
tra la

Nothing cryptic or ironic about my name. I am a huge Alabama Crimson Tide fan. I realize that if Glenn, who likely hates the Tide with the heat of seven suns, ever puts my screen name with my face, I may be barred from future PPs.

I believe I was selecting a username for a GeoCities account for my first website when I first got on the Internet, or it might possibly have been for a Yahoo!Mail account (or some other freebie email account at the time). I had usually gone by Lucifer (I was such a rebellious young chap, wasn't I?) in video games or anything I needed a pseudonym in. Prior to the Internet I had used local BBSes and the name was usually available. The Internet, as vast a place as it was, already had a Lucifer on it. *gasp*

It was late at night, I had already filled out a bunch of other information, and I needed a username. I was always a nerdy kid (did you see the part where I said I was signing up for my own website?) and I've always loved music. So off the cuff I just combined the two into compurocker and I thought it sounded cool.

I signed up for just about every free email/website service there was at that time and just about every time I've signed up for something since, compurocker has been available. Until Last.fm. Some jerkface is just as nerdy and into music as me, I guess.

The day compurocker was born, Lucifer was retired. But compurocker was not a very intimidating name for online gaming, so I think it may have been Quake TeamFortress where I went back to my roots and started using Diabolos (a more refined version of my past moniker). That's why my Zunetag (originally my Xbox Live Gamertag) is Diabolos rather than compurocker. One day I may switch it out.

Mine is in regards to my world of Midi related gear which at times can truly be a hell unto itself. I've been using this nick since 1989. Called my first home studio "Midihell" in 1985, also due to large amounts of midi gear.