What don't you like about CoB ?

I just read SteveMCSteve's post... and... I don't think it gets boring, but audiences need to realize that Roope is just as good and fast as Alexi, so he should have the right to solo along with Alexi... if not, then just on his own like in Chaos Ridden Years (for a whole 30 seconds)...

lol thats what I think too.

Maybe you should have taken 2 fucking seconds to find the "search" button on the forum. Searching for Search button!

Calm the fuck down. If a bunch of people "with no lives outside the internet" make you so pissed off, you should stay away from the internet at all costs. I'm soo sowwyy some "loser" made you shit yourself.

i want to hear more of roope's soling than alexi's. No offence but Alexi's solos just get boring
Man seriosly +1. Bring on the Roope. I hope the next album has more unpredictable solo's with roope or whatever, alexi's diminished shit to your sweep taps to your quick little 2 bend thingies, it gets a bit boring after a while, though I guess it's his style....(I don't know much about theory lol, but you should get what i'm trying to say).

And yeah like everyone else the fanboi's/girls are getting really annoying. I've been reading this forum for quite a while but never really signed up till a few months ago, and man there hasn't been an intelligent post on here in a while (well offtopic is decent). These forums are getting a bit lame now lol.

I think fanboys and hysterical fangirls (and they are always more and more :ill: ) who don't know more that 10 songs and like the band mostly for Alexi's hot ass than for the music itself are definitely the bad point about COB. I don't see which pleasure you can have playing for such stupid and uninteresting people ...

Well I hope COB stays heavy but gets back to their older style more.

I don't want people going to a COB concert because it's popular because of some fucking nu-metal fan kids. I don't want it popular, I want it special.

i want to hear more of roope's soling than alexi's. No offence but Alexi's solos just get boring

...but audiences need to realize that Roope is just as good and fast as Alexi, so he should have the right to solo along with Alexi... if not, then just on his own like in Chaos Ridden Years (for a whole 30 seconds)...

Man seriosly +1. Bring on the Roope...
All of you who want to hear more Roope's guitar work should definitely check out the other bands and projects he has played / is playing in. Roope has played metal for most of his life (>20 years) now so there's lots of Roope's music around to be found and listened.

I love the guy - wicked sense of humor, crazy English and amazing playing skills. Roope joining CoB was one of the main reasons I started to listen CoB again after a few years break.

The question of whether he should do more soloing in CoB - I don't know. He joined to replace the rhytm guitarist in the band and is probably more than happy filling his role as such. It would probably only create some bad blood in the band if he tried to push himself on Alexi's turf. And Alexi is after all, one of the founding members of CoB, undisputed frontman and has worked hard to make CoB as popular as it is today (doesn't Alexi write most of the music too). Besides, Roope seems to be more shy and quiet personality and likes to withdraw from the center of attention. Alexi, on the other hand, seems to love the limelight, which is a great quality for a frontman. It would be wrong for someone to join the band and try to overshadow him after all he has done for the band.

Basically I'm just happy with the current situation :)

All of you who want to hear more Roope's guitar work should definitely check out the other bands and projects he has played / is playing in. Roope has played metal for most of his life (>20 years) now so there's lots of Roope's music around to be found and listened.
Damn... well said, I keep forgetting that Alexi writes all the music, I guess he has worked his butt of to make CoB what it is today. Yeah I havent heard Stone before, But I've heard ALOT of Sinergy and Roopes playing in it of course. I wouldnt say I'd like to hear Roope do an equal amount of solo's as Alexi, but it would be cool on a handful of song's if Roope busted out a solo on a song that has 2 or more solo's you know.

what dont i like about bodom??!! the ppl in their forums are DICKS and call u a retard when all u do is nicely ask for a fucking guitar tab!!
:mad: i guess some people that have no lives outside the internet and forums like to feel big n tough by bashing ppl for no reason at all:mad: im not sayin everyone on here is like that but there some real cunts on here....NO WONDER ALEXI HATES THE FUCKING INTERNET!!

:lol: fo real?!

I like how everyone is so hung up on the kissing. Somewhere there is a quote from one of the Lamb of God fools where they talk about hanging out in the back of the tourbus completely naked.

As far as I know, there is nothing I don't like about COB. They're perfect, in every way.

By the way, i'm new here. :headbang:

It's hard to find anything I don't like... But Alexi's speeches between the songs during gigs. (is there an english word for that?) Somehow it would sound better if he used his real voice, not the voice he uses when he sings. Or well he does sometimes, but... And if he wouldn't swear so much. It sounds almost comical when it's like "Fuck you, the next motherfucking song is fucking gonna be fucking Hate crew death fucking roll, Motherfucking assholes! Fuck."

Yeah, I agree ... I don't like so much the way he speaks during concerts, his real voice is cool, it wil be better if he speak with his real voice ... I also don't like some lyrics and I have to say that at the begining, when I start to listen to the band, I have some problems until I become used to the Alexi vocals, even though I like so much the way he plays guitar.

I don't like Alexi's vocals, they have that 'cool' sound to them, but they don't quite cut it as much as dimmu's vocals do imo. I love the keyboard solos and guitar riffage, but their old style should stay their routine, though with heavier, and slightly more hybrid theme.

What I dont like about them:
THEY AINT IN IRELAND!
Except for Unholy Alliance which was amazing, but I wanna see more of Bodom!

I have no problem with Alexi saying "fuck" like crazy and making up stupid/cool words like "muthatrucka". He's probably said it so much it's part of his English vocabulary. I think it's hot. And not all fangirls are love Alexi just for his hotness. *wink* I love him for everything he is and everything he's done and i have all their albums.

Kekkoran's Parrot: Awww, that's sweet what you said about Alexi! That is so true but i think if Roope's had an equal amount of solos, they'd be a much better band. Alexi would think so too if that's what he thinks is best for the band.

Eternal Alchemist: I respect your opinion, but come on! Dimmu Borgir vocals better than Alexi's? Dimmu vocals sound like a cheaper version of LOG's vocals. Alexi vocals are definetly stonger.