Question about cob music..

ReighIB

New Metal Member
Aug 22, 2004
Does anybody know which scale alexi like to use for soloing.....and if you can, which mode does he uses frequently? Also, kind of stupid question, does the band it self use theory to make a song? or does alexi makes everything on his own?

alexi writes all the music

he uses d minor and major scales, some harmonic minors, and major and diminished arpeggios

That's for pussies :p

LEarn all the modes of the major/minor scale and learn to identify them from tabs.

That's the ebst way to learn.

But dude, when playing riffs, you should always try and recognise pattens and say "this Ionian mode in the 8th position signifies the song is C major/Aminor" or whatever
you develop a lot more

Or you can be like Billy Sheehan.

Interviewer: "Can you tell us how you incorporate [some random really technical sounding scale] into your songs?"
Sheehan: "What's that?"
Interviewer: "You were just doing it before."
Sheehan: "Oh."

AlexiFollower said:
^yeah, but i'm too lazy to take the time to try and figure it out myself

Then you will get nowhere. Dedicate yourself to learning it, or don't count on learning it at all. It's really as simple as that. People who learn their modes half-assed cannot compose songs or solos, let alone improvise, even half as well as someone who has achieved an intricate understanding of the diatonic modes and how they all relate and intertwine.

asphyXy said:
Or you can be like Billy Sheehan.

Interviewer: "Can you tell us how you incorporate [some random really technical sounding scale] into your songs?"
Sheehan: "What's that?"
Interviewer: "You were just doing it before."
Sheehan: "Oh."

That is fucking TRUE o_O
The guy fucking rules!!

NeedledWarheart said:
But dude, when playing riffs, you should always try and recognise pattens and say "this Ionian mode in the 8th position signifies the song is C major/Aminor" or whatever
you develop a lot more

screw that. I just rock! :headbang: