What don't you like about CoB ?

I've no problem with AYDY, but I think alexis vocals should be sharper and his lyrics aren't as cool as I'd hope, though it's thoroughly supported by the instruments and without that I would probably hate the band. To be honest, they all compliment each other.

Sort of like that that loser who posted right before you with COB on his fingers and black nail polish because Alexi does it?

@Kekkonen's Parrot:

Baggage fans :lol: I like it. They don't bother me too much, If it weren't for the,, the band wouldnt have as many fans and wouldn't be able to play larger better venues, and its not like you see them when you are at home listening to the CD.

1526986085_l.jpg

Its when you see people who take 10000 pictures of themeselves like this a day, it makes you not want to wear that shirt in public :(
I have the urge to punch that guy in the pic in the face really badly :p.
And yes, sort of like that loser who posted before me

I can't put up with when Alexi and Janne fuck up their solos for looking at each other and laughing and don't giving a fuck about what they are playing.

I also don't like their new style direction, and Alexi's actual vocals and playing (i dont know if he just impaired at playing, or he is being mediocre).

With the Live stuff thread, i was able to see how perfect they were in their early days.. Just listen to Towards Dead End in Wacken '98, its fuckin perfect.

cheers

Well, there's not too much to hate about COB. Mostly everything about them is great. I guess the only thing i don't like about them is some of their live performances and over-the-edge drinking before a show. There's no problem with Alexi drinking uncontrollably. Hell, he doens't even need to controll it cuz he gets drunk so much that it is controlled. But when it interferes with live shows, there is a problem. I know they're just enjoying themselves but it really disappoints a lot of fans. All the old fans already know what they're capable of but they don't try to do the best as they used to which makes them seem somewhat lazy. And they need to proove themselves to the new fans that haven't heard any of the older stuff. I mean some people might get the impression that they're only a studio band and not a live one.

Then again, maybe they don't think they need be as perfect(and they don't need to) cuz they put on great stageshows and most fangirls/fanbois are just happy to see that.

- People saying AYDY is their best ( Hi joonas )
- People saying that Alexi is the best and the fastest guitarist ever
-People saying Henkka is the best bassist ever ( :erk: )
-Discovering that the cool classical riff at the start of Red light in my eyes pt.II is from Mozart's 25th Symphony
-Then, discovering that all those cool classical parts were from old composers
-Alexi's decreasing guitar skill
-AYDY, 'nuff said
-ESP Alexi's sig model
-Mass Hypnosis
-Alexi, for trying to go mainstream and thereby changing the music-Roope having only around 1 minute to make a solo during shows Despiter all that, they're still my fav' band:D

I wouldn't say Alexi's guitar skills aren't decreasing. Sure, AYDY guitaring isn't as great but HCDR was a good progression from FTR. He still makes good energizing solos and riffs that are very powerful and emotion-filled. I think the new guitaring goes with the new sound. If he stuck to the old sound, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Alexi isn't trying to go mainstream cuz they've alwayz been mainstream ever since FTR. The change of music came with the change of emotions and thoughts. They just weren't as popular back then as they are now.They're more noticed now cuz their music videos are aired all over t.v. I bet they would be this way if Every Time I Die aired on t.v. this much.

Yup, i also hate that Roopes only gets one cheap solo. He's deserves more credit and attention from what he's shown us on Singergy. If the next album has more solos coming from him, they're going to be more incredible and we'll have more COB posers.

I wouldn't say Alexi's guitar skills aren't decreasing. Sure, AYDY guitaring isn't as great but HCDR was a good progression from FTR. He still makes good energizing solos and riffs that are very powerful and emotion-filled. I think the new guitaring goes with the new sound. If he stuck to the old sound, you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Alexi isn't trying to go mainstream cuz they've alwayz been mainstream ever since FTR. The change of music came with the change of emotions and thoughts. They just weren't as popular back then as they are now.They're more noticed now cuz their music videos are aired all over t.v. I bet they would be this way if Every Time I Die aired on t.v. this much.

New guitaring? Do you even know what you are talking about? His live solos are alot more sloppy, and on the new album they were alot more boring. Unless you are talking about guitar tone. In that case, tone doesn't have anything to do with guitar skill.

Being mainstreme is directly releated to being popular. "hey've alwayz been mainstream ever since FTR....They just weren't as popular back then as they are now." Dumbass.

Around the release of HCDR you didnt hear too much of Bodom over in north America in the mainstreme media (MTV, VH1, ect.). Whereas now they get played more and more often.

Mainstream doesn't necessarily have to do with being popular. Underground stuff can be popular too. There's non-popular mainstream and popular mainstream and the same thing with underground. Mainstream stuff is just on t.v. and advertised more.

Yeah..popular because its advertised more.

I know there are popular underground bands. Cob wasnt mainstreme in 2001, they were barley ever mentioned on any North American media, except for underground media...because they were underground.

1 + 1 = 2 :O!!!

^Or maybe they really don't like that song. Everyone have their faves and least favorites. I don't like Wrath Within that much.

They were mainstream but not popular enough. It's kind of hard to believe they were ever underground.

what dont i like about bodom??!! the ppl in their forums are DICKS and call u a retard when all u do is nicely ask for a fucking guitar tab!!
:mad: i guess some people that have no lives outside the internet and forums like to feel big n tough by bashing ppl for no reason at all:mad: im not sayin everyone on here is like that but there some real cunts on here....NO WONDER ALEXI HATES THE FUCKING INTERNET!!

what dont i like about bodom??!! the ppl in their forums are DICKS and call u a retard when all u do is nicely ask for a fucking guitar tab!!
:mad: i guess some people that have no lives outside the internet and forums like to feel big n tough by bashing ppl for no reason at all:mad: im not sayin everyone on here is like that but there some real cunts on here....NO WONDER ALEXI HATES THE FUCKING INTERNET!!

True, I agree. But I guess you'll get bashed for this post as well:erk: But, well, what can ye do?

Cheers anyway

Dude, the fact is just that right in the section where you posted your thread asking nicely for a guitar tab, there is already a thread called "Tab thread" which is fuuuull of guitar tabs.

Maybe you hadn't seen that before, and it's ok because you're quite new in a way, but now you know that something similar does exits, so... you can ask there for tabs, COB's and some Sinergy's Tabs too.

Bye! :)

It's hard to find anything I don't like... But Alexi's speeches between the songs during gigs. (is there an english word for that?) Somehow it would sound better if he used his real voice, not the voice he uses when he sings. Or well he does sometimes, but... And if he wouldn't swear so much. It sounds almost comical when it's like "Fuck you, the next motherfucking song is fucking gonna be fucking Hate crew death fucking roll, Motherfucking assholes! Fuck."

hahah yea its true. +1

Only thing that i don't like about bodom is their lack of live shows near me!!!

BiteTheSyctheBitch: And you're taking it waaaayyy too much into the heart. Get over it. That's how people are going to be in real life too. Just ignore it.

Minus the fact that they're my favorite band... it's hard to think of something you don't like about them. But I did put some thought into it, and while watching Chaos Ridden Years, I guess I would say just the fact of how Alexi says fuck every other word when introducing a new song. It is pretty funny when he calls Jaska "a crazy son-of-a-BIATCH!!," after the drum solo. Or in the commentaries when he's trying to explain how him and Janne play together... and he says, "Then I do this, and I double his part or whatever and it's like, WOO!" But this is the dislikes... heh, nevermind...

I just read SteveMCSteve's post... and... I don't think it gets boring, but audiences need to realize that Roope is just as good and fast as Alexi, so he should have the right to solo along with Alexi... if not, then just on his own like in Chaos Ridden Years (for a whole 30 seconds)...