What Genesis albums are good?

DrX

Get off my lawn
Sep 10, 2001
Upstate Va
www.yahoo.com
What Genesis albums are good? Columbia House is going to charge me for some CDs whether I buy them or not, so I thought I could give them a try.

Peter Gabriel : Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. But start with the first two ; TLLDOB is a two cd concept album wich can be hard to like at first, especially when you are not familiar with Genesis. But believe me that once it kicks in your guts, you'll be throwing up joy for the rest of your life. That, by the way, didn't make any sense.

Phil Collins : I only own two : Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering. I like them both, but I'd start with TotT. I never heard the others they've made, but Genesis' prog period fans generally rate them until Duke. Not sure if this one is included or excluded of the "good albums" list, though.

Nursery Cryme is my favorite with Trespass also spending some time in my player. These are some of their earlier discs.

illbeleavinnow : Okay for Collins, absolutely unfair for Gabriel. His last album is a masterpiece. His first album as well. Every album he made except So and err.. the red one are wonderful.

He never sold out like Collins did. While that jerk made a soulless album full of love songs, Gabriel made the masterpiece that is "Up". Every song except the single on this album is a gem.

I ressent that.

Blue Moon said:
illbeleavinnow : Okay for Collins, absolutely unfair for Gabriel. His last album is a masterpiece. His first album as well. Every album he made except So and err.. the red one are wonderful.

He never sold out like Collins did. While that jerk made a soulless album full of love songs, Gabriel made the masterpiece that is "Up". Every song except the single on this album is a gem.

I ressent that.

Meh. Sorry for dissing him, maybe I've been harsh. I still detest him as a solo artist. Maybe it's the fact that his best album is mediocre in my eyes.

But yeah Phil Collins is just... ugh. Him and his stupid "I can feel it... coming in the air tonight..." I wish I could infect the air with dangerous chemicals. FEEL THAT IN THE AIR YOU WHORE

*calms down*

Since I love all of them, I'm probably not the best one to ask. Every album they've made (yes even the 80's one's) has it's moments of brilliance.
Believe it or not, one of their best albums doesn't even have Gabriel or Collins on it.
1997's "Calling all Stations" album was nothing short of a masterpiece.
Ray Wilson was the singer on that one. Very Gabriel-esque. Nick from Spock's Beard plays drums on a couple of tracks as well.

In short....."It's all good !!!!"

NP: GENESIS- Duke :cool:

DrX said:
I think I'll give Foxtrot a try.

I don't know to much, but of my bother cd's I like a lot this ones !!

Wind And Wuthering - 1976 (Japanese Version :Spin: )
Seconds Out - 1977 :headbang:
Firth of Fifth (Live) is one of my fav non-metal songs and are only few!! :)

he doesn't have peter's era :erk:

We Can't Dance! hahahah.. kidding, that was a horrible piece of garbage.

Actually I love Trick of the Trail for Collins material, , but agreed, Gabriel stuff was the best.

valgalder said:
We Can't Dance! hahahah.. kidding, that was a horrible piece of garbage.

Actually I love Trick of the Trail for Collins material, , but agreed, Gabriel stuff was the best.

A Trick of the Tail is the only one of theirs that I like with Phil Collins singing.

Selling England by the Pound totally rules, though.