What happened to Bodom Neoclassical influence?

I agree, I'd like to hear more neo-classical influence on the next album, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

Blooddrunk was definitely not bad though. Nice and thrashy.

I think it was because of his guitars. You just can't compose neoclassical stuff with ESP, it requires Jacksons. And it's probably Roope's fault that Alexi is not playing Jacksons anymore, you know he get tired of playing those after so many years in Sinergy with Roope.

:lol:

No.

Again, it's nothing to do with Alexander's departure. It's just a conclusion people like to draw out of thin air because it's the only factor they see having changed around the time, and even then they forget Ale was around when the band made Hatecrew Deathroll. The neo-classical ideas came from Alexi's head alone. A lot of bands started copying them and they were not special anymore,

How does AYDY and Blooddrunk make them more special? I like those albums, but not better than the older stuff.

and besides, later on Alexi has stated he doesn't even know what he was thinking back then (when making neo-classical stuff.)

But those albums are what gave Bodom their fans.

I think it was because of his guitars. You just can't compose neoclassical stuff with ESP, it requires Jacksons. And it's probably Roope's fault that Alexi is not playing Jacksons anymore, you know he get tired of playing those after so many years in Sinergy with Roope.
I own the alexi 600 and i'll agree that jacksons rape a lot more...they are the best hands down. To this day i think alexi would say the same or shit he'd still be playing ibanez. But i dont think they lost the yngwieness in their music. Your writing changes over time. Look at metallica...well they made a really shitty change but ya the point remains. Just love the music like you've loved it as a bodomhead since day one.

How does AYDY and Blooddrunk make them more special? I like those albums, but not better than the older stuff.

But those albums are what gave Bodom their fans.

I never said nothing like that. People are still looking for the answer on this thread, but they should've read my post cause it's all there..

it's more the evolution of an artist. alexi came to enjoy the new playing style; it's how he wants to play now, it's what he likes to play now. while i might not like AYDY as much when compared to FTR, anyone crying sellout is full of shit, frankly. I'm sure every seasoned guitarist/musician has experienced it too; picking the guitar and realizing you're just simply bored of the way you play. Honestly, i respect the fact that they are looking to evolve, and progress with their sound, instead of stagnating. I agree with joonas, anyone blaming it on Roope/Alexander is talking out of their ass. neoclassical is just not how alexi wants to write anymore.