What happened to Johan and David?

Moonlapse this question should be in the faq.

One of them posted here for a while, if you search you can find stories about Opeths first tours, other than that some-one better informed will tell ya.

FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED

Mendez is much better. Why don't you just stfu about him? It's like admiring Ulrich for his drumming skills.

As much as I love Mendez, I DO have to admit that de Farfalla was pretty exceptional. He played some incredibly weird bass riffs, particularly on Morningrise. When it comes to their playing, I like both Mendez and de Farfalla.

Longinus said:
FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED

Mendez is much better. Why don't you just stfu about him? It's like admiring Ulrich for his drumming skills.

You know, for a name like Longinus, you certainly suck.

Ulrich sucks. Farfalla slays. The end.

Again, Akerfeldt played msot basslines. Bassliens FarFalla couldn't play. Basslines Mendez can play, though.

Even Mikael thinks he is better and I take his word over everyone else's on this board.

Bullshit Farfalla can't play. I've seen the 1996 show video, and he plays fine. He would've had no problems during recording.

He played on the album. He played fine on the album.

this is bullshit. just cause he didnt write it doesnt mean he cant play well.. steve vais rythym guitarist doesnt write shit but ive seen him play retardedly insane shred solos note for note with vai..

koolboee cdmo87 said:
As much as I love Mendez, I DO have to admit that de Farfalla was pretty exceptional. He played some incredibly weird bass riffs, particularly on Morningrise. When it comes to their playing, I like both Mendez and de Farfalla.

Agreed.

To me, the styles and tones the two of them use are so different that there's no use in comparing them. Both of them have done things that impressed me.

Well firstly i think Martin is a great player, having seen them live, meeting them, and being a bassist myself but Johan is certainly an interesting bass player.

So i wouldnt go as far to say he doesnt know shit or cant do shit as alot of the basslines in early opeth are quite full on and arnt the usual for a bass player to do.

And considering Mikael wrote the bass and played it in MAYH and you stating that he somewhat did the same in Morningrise seems to be quite a change so i guess Johan would have had a influence of some sorts which where his individuality would have came into play.

But back on topic i think ive heard Mikael mention that Johan wanted some of the little royalties the band had so he got the boot, but im also sure mikael has mentioned he sees him around a bit.

Longinus said:
FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED
FARFALLA SUCKED

I admire Ulrich for his use of the word Fuck.

Morningrise/Orchid = Cool atmosphere, dual guitar lines, wankity basslines, crappy drummer

I'm guessing if Anders hadn't quit, he would've gotten fired anyway (if his playing didn't progress, which it certainly didn't between those first albums).

I like those first albums, but I'm glad Opeth went to where they are at.