What has UM & DT forum given to you?

@mp-akk: i cannot believe you already forgot the time we all gathered at your place, ran around naked on the roof, and helped you get rid of that annoying police officer. :(

rahvin.

In addition to the things mentioned above by many, this place really gave me the chance to see DT last summer - without the extremely helpful people here (thank you Phyre for the map and At the Gates / Tranquillian for the hospitality and everything), I doubt I would have dared to accept the kind offer by the band.

Also, I still probably wouldn't have the japanese versions of Haven and Damage Done without this place (thank you Onde Erik).

And finally, this place has given me a chance to brag with my knowledge concerning certain band. :Smug: :D

mousewings said:
improve my ettiquite/spelling skills

To further improve your spelling skills, etiquette is written just like that. :p

-Villain

Incendiare said:
UM is perfect for a person to discuss underground with others (obviously!), but especially when you have no one in person to discuss it with. No one in my town listens to anything remotely close to underground, and it's sad. Their loss.
Amen to that.

rahvin said:
@mp-akk: i cannot believe you already forgot the time we all gathered at your place, ran around naked on the roof, and helped you get rid of that annoying police officer. :(

rahvin.

I forgot about that night. But hey, you can't really blame me - That stuff happens to me like all the time so, ehm, sooorry... :p

Villain said:
To further improve your spelling skills, etiquette is written just like that. :p

-Villain
burn.gif
I've been burnt. Ow. :p Oddly, that's the first time anyone's corrected my spelling... :lol:

I thought it was spelling like that, but ran it through a search engine to check it. Guess the engine was wrong. :Spin: Hmm... off topic, but look in the recent purchases thread if you haven't already. I may have found that CD you're looking for...?

UM has given me:

*love and support from strangers
*thanks to the ability of pictures to be posted on this glorious site, I have had the pleasure (and sometimes pain) of members recognizing me at shows :zombie:
*it's been a place to interact with some band members (wayyyy cool)
*it's been a place for me to gather information about other cultures, and realize just how big this fucking world is.
*it's been a haven for me when I am at work and have nothing to do
*hate from strangers
:Smug:

Oh UM has given me so much, but the question should be...what have YOU given to UM :p

I think I'm gonna cry now...*sniff sniff*

UM made me stay with metal and find lots of new stuff. I first discovered metal by randomly downloading stuff from Napster, then I found 4 songs (In Flames - Bullet Ride, Tristania - Of Ruins and A Red Nightfall, Hammerfall - Renegade, and Satyricon - Mother North). I found the official sites of IF, Hamerfall, and Tristania, but only the IF site had much to offer at that time, and I had heard some songs by them before (Colony, Episode 666, Artifacts of the Black Rain, all a few years before, I gues 99 and Episode666 in 98 labeled as Korn music, which I listened to back then). I found my way to UM about a year (or two or three, maybe four) later, and I became a regular on the IF forum a few months after signing up. Later, I started listening to more stuff, mainly Dark Tranquillity, Novembers Doom and Opeth.
Back On Topic, I also get to talk to people outside of the bubble I live in (Fairfield, AKA Nimbyfield). It's a great source of entertainment, and I get to find new music.

Steve

messageboards in general have been responsible for getting me into a metric fuckload of bands I'd never heard before.

mostly the old megadeth.com forums, but the ones here too.

UM gave me the chance to meet a dwarf and his wild friend :wave: - and many times of getting furious because of those "sweet" and always good working pcs at University...... :yell: