What I like

Sounds fair enough... at least it adheres to the oft ignored mantra of "Buy what you need". Can't even close to compete with the camera (the JasJam's camera quality is like a QVGA webcam interpolated to 2MP) but I'd consider easier programmability, larger third-party software base, the WM Today screen (most underrated software feature in a phone ever), the performance advantage of a 416Mhz Intel processor vs 300(?)Mhz Texas Instruments procesor (like comparing a 4Ghz C2D vs 3Ghz X2), and NOT having something like a GPS receiver built in as a lot more valuable and practical.

To be fair, there's well over 2000 Symbian and Java titles you can get for S60v3 phones now and more every day, so I'm not missing out on that, the speed isn't really much of an issue (RAM is to a degree, I'll admit) because the phone to be pretty fast... and it's actually got 2 processors in there; one is a GPU for 3d graphics and you can run the calendar app in there on the standby screen for basically the same thing (or run 3rd party apps that boot up with the phone that do that).

Battery life is one of the reasons Nokia use a low-performance GPS chip which is a lot less accurate and sensitive than a sIRF Star or NEMERIX chip and keeps a lock on far fewer satellites (heard from between 2 and 8 never found official Nokia specs) as opposed to the 16 - 32 of the aforementioned industry-standard chips. I'm assuming they still use the same chips in the N95 as they do in a phone a mate purchased not long ago (6610 I think?) and the performance was that poor when heading out to Musswellbrook that we ended up just using the street directory for the end of the trip. Nokia's Smart2Go nav software is a loss in itself.

If you're serious about taking it overseas and don't want to crack the shits with it I'd still seriously recommend taking an external GPS unit (eg- Holux) and looking at alternative navigation software. Save battery on your phone (I'm assuming the GPS module can be turned off individually in some kind of device manager?) and get a better nav service that you aren't constantly paying for as you use it.

It uses the sIRF Star-II chip, not the III and indeed, that's because of the battery drain.

I'm not paying for the Nav software at all. I download the maps here on my machine, transfer them over to my MicroSD card and I'm away - that's it. The only time I pay for anything is if I want to have voice guidance activated which you have to subscribe to (which is really dumb), otherwise it's dead free. And it's damn quick - I get a satellite lock in a moving car in less than 30 seconds normally, which is pretty good for that class of chip. The initial firmware was pretty shit, though, and would likely be on par with the results you were seeing from the 6110 (which made me MAJORLY disappointed when I first tried my GPS), but since they added A-GPS in the latest update, it's blindingly fast (admittedly though in this case you're paying for a quick initial 5kb data transfer over GPRS to help get the lock, but that's pretty cheap).

Having said all that, TomTom 7 is out soon, so I'm seriously considering picking that up sometime.

Good phone, I think! :) VERY funny when people try to compare it to the iPhone, let's say that much (what a dog of a device that looks to be!)

And it's damn quick - I get a satellite lock in a moving car in less than 30 seconds normally, which is pretty good for that class of chip.

Definitely a big improvement considering the aforementioned phone required us to pull up on the side of the road for up to a minute before it would lock, then it would drop out again every 5 minutes or so :heh:.

Sounds like someone just bought himself an iPhone :Smug:

Judging by the amount of complaints that people on AT&T have been getting about the dropped calls from iPhones (yes, only locked to AT&T, no 3G, no MMS, no video calls or video camera, poor battery life, etc. etc. - a real winner phone, hey?) I dunno if that would be one of the iPhone's strongest selling points either! ;)

I liked that today was " International Good Mood Day" today for some reason everyone at work was happy , even the chick at the cafe said she liked my hair and ive been goin there for 2 years.....

Judging by the amount of complaints that people on AT&T have been getting about the dropped calls from iPhones (yes, only locked to AT&T, no 3G, no MMS, no video calls or video camera, poor battery life, etc. etc. - a real winner phone, hey?) I dunno if that would be one of the iPhone's strongest selling points either! ;)

The excuse I've heard from iClones is that "oh even the first couple of generations of the iPod where buggy.... give it a few generations of development and the iPhone will be brilliant"

For the amount they are charging people and the HYPE, I'd expect brilliance immediately!

Ah, art has been handed in! Yay! =P
Feels damn awesome haha, got a free breakfast out of it as well lol.
Everything else for school is being finalised too, formal money due, finishing topics, plus finished organising my schoolies cruise. Loving it right now =)
I love the fact that we get about 6 weeks to study for the HSC too, so much better than the trials! hahaha.
Plus I like my new phone, sexy little thing it is! Nokia E65, awesome thing.
List is a bit long, might shut up. But hey, things are great right now.

Haha i also love that i just handed in 3 major projects. OMG I'M FREE! :cry: really strange sensation, though. Everytime i watch TV i would be like omg i need to go and finish my work! Then i would be like.. what work? Dammit, it's what happens when you've been working on these things for a year! Oh i also love that i took my formal money and bought a Muse ticket with it :Smokin:

Oh i also love that i took my formal money and bought a Muse ticket with it :Smokin:
Not that I'm a fan of Muse by any means but good work :kickass: School formals are bullshit anyway. Just an excuse for boys to waste money on a hire car they'd never be able to actually afford, girls to waste money on dresses that more often than not look shit anyway and they'll never wear again, 'cool' crowds to nominate themselves for all sorts of meaningless awards ranging from "Most Popular" to "Most Likely To Contract AIDS While Being Drug-Fucked And Slutting Around At Schoolies" all in the name of feeling like grown-ups.

How much was the ticket?

girls to waste money on dresses that more often than not look shit anyway and they'll never wear again

A girl at my school MADE her parents buy her a dress at xmas the year before our formal. Low and behold, a month out from the night, she realises it's way too small. So she just goes and buys another one?

Nope... starved herself for a month to fit into it.

Her group hired a limo and they raided the drinks cabinet.... she downed a mini-bottle of vodka, walked into the venue and promptly vomited and passed out

The moral of the story?

Even if you don't want to go, you never know what sort of fun stories you'll get to retell afterwards when the "cool" kids make a mockery of themselves