what if Katatonia's music fit into movies?

Bereavement

In the vein of Dark
Feb 13, 2003
Hong Kong
music.llnr.biz
which movie you think most fit with?

I personally think Sin City is really fit with because when I listen to Katatonia's music and it has some pictures in mind, they are always like some dark, wasted cities with alot cold peoples around, lifeless like some walking corpse.

silent hill 2 sdtrk has many kata moments...

28 days later would be a good fit too, specially the sequence when the guy is all alone in the big empty city... it reminds me of tonights decision artwork.... solitude or loneliness??? dont really know...

hugot said:
silent hill 2 sdtrk has many kata moments...

28 days later would be a good fit too, specially the sequence when the guy is all alone in the big empty city... it reminds me of tonights decision artwork.... solitude or loneliness??? dont really know...
Yes, like SH2 protagonist James Sunderland. Music Katatonia same vein of atmosphere Silent Hill, soundtrack must writing co-operate with Akira Yamaoka.

I agree with the SH2 comparison,that was the first thing to cross my mind when I listened to LFDGD the first time

Aniway,I did wanted to direct a noir movie with some cool lightings and filters,more down to earth stuff,not like Sin City,it would involve gangsters and an emotive,violent and dramatic plot,something like a cross of "Pulp Fiction" and "Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind".I'd call it "City of Glass",fitting huh? =p

Of course we'd have Katatonia in the soundtrack,other fitting artists would be Johnny Cash,Nick Cave,PJ Harvey,Miss Kittin,A Perfect Circle,Tori Amos,Portishead etc

ive thought many times about having a ganster movie where two friends are fighting while 'one year from now' is playing and then when the heavy part comes in where Jonas is saying 'everything i have i will give you everything i own i owe you' one of the friends pulls out a gun and starts shooting at his friend. get it? hes giving his friend all he has and all he has is bullets so hes trying to kill his friend by giving him all he has. its makes alot more sense in my head. but if it gets pulled off right it'll rok yer sox.

Drk4fearofailure said:
ive thought many times about having a ganster movie where two friends are fighting while 'one year from now' is playing and then when the heavy part comes in where Jonas is saying 'everything i have i will give you everything i own i owe you' one of the friends pulls out a gun and starts shooting at his friend. get it? hes giving his friend all he has and all he has is bullets so hes trying to kill his friend by giving him all he has. its makes alot more sense in my head. but if it gets pulled off right it'll rok yer sox.
Yes, same feelings, but another songs "Criminals" and "Walking by a wire" rather and supreme into gangster vein. :headbang:

sh2_ps2_uk_dvd_mosh2.jpg

Awesome!

I think TD and DO would fit a movie about heroin junkies......there is a sadness, hopelessness and desperation in junkies that fits those alblums so well....the struggle to get well.....yet knowing its not going to happen.....lyrically it would be a masterpiece of a movie.......having lived the movie I already know it would be good.....