What if...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
1. What if The Punisher and Batman were real and carried out their work in your city? Would they have your support? Or would you want them stopped?

2. What if, instead of giving up like a softcock quitter, Obi-Wan actually killed Darth in their duel, how would this have affected things differently as opposed to how it really played out? What would have happened?

3. What if Superman was real? Would it even be possible for a man like Superman to exist in todays world? Could anyone really see all the war, murder, rape, injustice and starvation and so on we have and not destroy us all in absolute disgust if they had the power?

4. What if the Ark Of The Covenent really exists and is sitting in some warehouse somewhere? What would happen if you opened it? The Indiana Jones answer automatically disqualifies you from commenting further, we already know that one.

5. What if Doom was real, how long do you honestly think a Marine, no matter how well trained, would last against the legions of Hell itself? If the doorway to Hell was opened and the human race had to fight back, could we win?

1. What if The Punisher and Batman were real and carried out their work in your city? Would they have your support? Or would you want them stopped?

Full support, especially The Punisher. Both of them would get medals if it was up to me.

2. What if, instead of giving up like a softcock quitter, Obi-Wan actually killed Darth in their duel, how would this have affected things differently as opposed to how it really played out? What would have happened?

I think The Emperor would have probably destroyed more worlds with the Death Star, as he didnt have Vader to temper his truly evil ways. The Emperor is to megalomaniacal and would probably have killed a lot of planets before finally uniting EVERYONE against him to destroy the Death Star.

3. What if Superman was real? Would it even be possible for a man like Superman to exist in todays world? Could anyone really see all the war, murder, rape, injustice and starvation and so on we have and not destroy us all in absolute disgust if they had the power?

Couldnt exist. In this world you sometimes need to lay the smack down to keep things together, Superman is too much of a goody two shoes and doesnt have it in him to do so. Its a nice ideal, but impractical in todays world to be Superman.

4. What if the Ark Of The Covenent really exists and is sitting in some warehouse somewhere? What would happen if you opened it? The Indiana Jones answer automatically disqualifies you from commenting further, we already know that one.

If it really exists, it therefore stands to reason God does also, if we opened it, we would be messing with powers beyond our sphere of reasoning and we would probably either go insane, or perhaps even be in the presence of God. What would happen then I dont know, he talked to Moses ok with the burning bush, so maybe thats all it would be, it would be nice to ask him some questions though.

5. What if Doom was real, how long do you honestly think a Marine, no matter how well trained, would last against the legions of Hell itself? If the doorway to Hell was opened and the human race had to fight back, could we win?

I think we could win this one actually, as a race anyway. Once people actually realised what was happening and werent squabbling about it all and what it "means" now that Hell is here, we would probably do ok. This is assuming conventional weaponry can kill the legions of Hell, and Doom says they can. We would take massive casualties though obviously, but in the end we would win. For now.

I would start a fanclub and a website, and run competitions with prizes like "Win a date with Batman" and "Go on the beat with the Punisher for a night"

The end result would have been the same, except Vader would have been dead and Kenobi alive. The rebels would have still destroyed the Death Star. Luke would have become a Jedi a lot sooner, would never have wondered about like MacBeth brooding for years about Vader being his father (because he never would have found out) and he and Ben would have killed the Emperor in a climactic show down. Edited to add: also, the whole Vader/Skywalker story line wouldn't have been revealed, and the "prequels" would therefore never have been necessary, if they ever were in the first place.

He would tarry tirelessly for many years attempting to unite the forces of peace in the world, only to have his plans constantly ruined by the corrupt. Eventually, he would give up and disappear from the world, only appearing now and then to set right some minor wrong, just to let us know he's still around as a beacon of hope to the downtrodden.

What if the Ark Of The Covenent really exists and is sitting in some warehouse somewhere? What would happen if you opened it? The Indiana Jones answer automatically disqualifies you from commenting further, we already know that one.
The Ark does exist, but opening it would only reveal some interesting dust.

What if Doom was real, how long do you honestly think a Marine, no matter how well trained, would last against the legions of Hell itself? If the doorway to Hell was opened and the human race had to fight back, could we win?
Heh. One guy by himself would last about two seconds. But if this did happen, perhaps the world would unite against the tide of evil and destruction and repel it back to where it came. Or it could turn out like that Judge Dredd series were that guy brought the dead back to life, and the teeming billions of resurrected dead pretty much destroyed civilization.

I'm not sure of The Punisher's modus operandi, so I'll stick with Batman only. I'd support them only if he stuck to the vicous super-criminals that the police can't touch. Or, indeed, the corrupt police. Once people start taking the law into their own hands for the slightest little thing is where you start anarchy, and I'm to lazy to live in an anarchy.

George would have to go back and digitally insert Darth Jar Jar in Episodes 5 and 6, and maybe Luke wouldn't have been such a whiny brat. Obi-Wan would be all like, "Luke, your father is dead, and I killed the fucker. In your face you whiny brat. No, I'm not going to teach you any more Jedi shit, I got in enough trouble last time I tried that. Don't you need to get some power converters or something?"

And Alderan would have shot first....

Yes Superman could exist in today's world, but you'd have to realise that today's world would be really different. Remember, it's 'Truth, Justice and the American Way'.

Oh, those nasty North Vietnamese are Communists!
"That's not the AMERICAN WAY, I'll go over and sort it out right now."

Those Japanese and their superior electronics and manufacturing are taking away our jobs.
"That's not the AMERICAN WAY!"

Those people in the middle east don't believe in Jesus and they don't even talk English!
"Not the AMERICAN WAY!".

There's a whole bunch of people that spell color with a "u"!
"Yeah, yeah, not American Way, I'll be back in a bit."

If I opened it I'd have proof that the Bible is the truth! I'd sell bits of it on eBay and make a fortune and RULE THE WORLD! Screw the mystic powers and crap, I'll take the cash.

Judging from my experience playing on easy, a Marine would last until about halfway through the first level.

And the human race couldn't win. Hell's got some pretty clever people down there, and for every death of a human, BAM!, instant reinforcement.

Well, not really, because every death of a human would mean one more for heaven wouldnt it? Because they are fighting the forces of evil by default, even if they are bad people!

And anyway, heaven isn't involved in this conflict. They're sitting on their goody-goody "Oh, I'm too nice to fight" arses watching the undead legions of hell versus the puny mortals.

Heaven may not be involved, but im sure they would still take the souls that they got from it. I dont think Hell would be able to claim the souls of people who were fighting against them.

It depends who they were. If they were honest about their ideals, you'd have people like Osama Bin Laden fighting against the demonic hordes. Then he'd be killed and you can guarantee he wouldn't be going up to heaven no matter what. So BAM! he becomes a demon too. Phloggy is right! It would be just like trying to fight the resurrected dead. As soon as someone dies, they come back to life again.

Yeah! That's what I mean.

Or to put it in terms spawny would understand, it would be the same if Lex Luthor was fighting The Penguin. Which one would be the good guy when it was all over?

It would depend what The Penguin and Lex were fighting over!

Also, you are assuming that you would be fighting dead souls, which isnt the case. You would fight Lost Souls (the flaming skulls) and zombie people, but no actual souls as the other monsters are demonic entities, not souls of people, so anyone who died wouldnt be joining the army you were fighting anyway!

Well, not really, you can take out those zombies with your fist or just a pistol, if my training runs have been anything to go by, so it wouldnt be that bad, and if you had (say) a shotgun or rocket launcher or something, then its no problem at all :)

doom.gif

And if it was like the game, it probably wouldn't be that bad because there would be heaps of weapon upgrades, ammo and health packs and boosts lying about in convenient places so that you can just walk over them and WHAM! you have invincibility for like 90 seconds with super rockets and stuff.

Well, that was part of the premise, that they can be harmed by our weapons, otherwise it would be a very short fight :)

I still think we would win in the end, though I could also see a total nuclear war blowing the planet apart as well, thus destroying EVERYTHING, in which case, I guess it would be a draw.