What (in your own opinion) makes nevermore so great!

Jan 4, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I've been a nevermore fan since the In Memory EP, and I have to say that these guys jusy seem to get better and better. What makes them soo great, besides the fact that Warrel can articulate his voice anyway he deems. Or the fact the Jeff comes up with some of the most original heavy riffs that I've heard in quite some time. And don't forget the way Van pounds the skins, LOL, is enough to make bang their head...again,LOL. But don't over look Jim's contribution either, I've seen them play live several times, and he's another force to be reckoned with.

I personally think it's the melodies that this tandem creates. AT times they are simple yet practicle, other times times they reach for the extreme but somehow seem grounded...but they're never predictable.

well they got history if you think sanctuary too.they got a charismatic frontman.they have more modern sound than other bands of their level and they keep still the classic metal thing.they are not that kind of rock starz though.but who is nowadays...?

Great heavy, yet oddly melodic riffs...a great singer...man, his reach is almost out of scale, in both directions!
they're thé band. Incredible songs, complex but not over the top, agressive, great lyrics, fantastic rhythmsection etcetc...as long as they keep both feet on the ground...I just want to say how I love you guys!! You're like family to me, Warrel, momma, why are you ignoring me?
:s
your son in distress...me:cry:

(...and the Oscar for best drama goes to... :) )

To me, NEVERMORE is the ultimate band. I was a SANCTUARY fan and have liked NEVERMORE since I first heard "What Tomorrow Knows". Each person Warrel, Jeff, Jim, Van, are great and are virtuousos in each ones part they play in the band and on their respective instruments. Also, I love the lyrics and can relate to them, especially Politics and Dreaming..... I have also met the guys a few times and they are great human beings, very down to earth, and can drink a LOT OF ALCOHOL.

the WHOLE band is PERFECT.. not many bands you can say that about... Warrel's vocals send chills down my spine... one second he's goin low and dark... next minute he's fucking angry, aggressive, and his voice goes fucking high, but still in tune.... Jeff Loomis's awesome riffs, solos... EVERYTHING... he's tied with Zakk Wylde for the #1 guitarist spot IMO... Van Williams's drumming fucking slaughters anyone's ive heard.... Jim Sheppard is a killer bassist who adds even MORE to the melody that exists in the songs... incredible...

First of all, WD is fuckin' amazing!! He's got the vocals to send shockwaves up your spine!!! Then you've got the rigorous complex riffs from loomis and the brilliance of Van and Jim. It's really hard to describe, but the shit puts you in a trance and then leaves you begging for more.