In Defense of Nevermore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvester said:
If people realized that its mainly just you two voicing the truly negative opinion very loudly, I doubt there were be half as many posts.

Oh well, it stimulates activity on here so I don't mind.

Glenn H.

Whatever l can do for the cause...which is getting better bands to the event.

Ascension said:

Nevermore is one the most powerful, thought-provoking, important bands that the North American metal scene has ever produced.

Go listen to your Scandinavian Death Metal, snobbish jazz-prog, or nu-metal-mall-core shit...or whatever rings your particular bell...

Nevermore is a band that people either love or hate...but you have to respect their ability to cross-thread the genres, their work ethic, and their evolution within the metal scene (worldwide)...

All this from a (gasp) American band...

Rock on!

Ashaman i could not agree with you more there. Nevermore is the most important band in a very long time from the US. Best band on the planet imo

TheWhisper said:
Perhaps that should read...'I know a voice I like when I hear it'. I think his voice fits the music Nevermore makes and I damn sure think he sings with heart, soul, intensity, power, emotion. It's all subjective man, personal tastes vary, and that's a good thing. I like his voice, you don't, so who's right? We both are.

That is what I have been trying to say. I do not like his voice. When someone asks me why I do not like someone's vocals I will give them my opinion. My opinion is Warrels voice sounds like it does not have range or projection or soul.

What truly irritates me though are the people who basically say there is something wrong with ME (or others like me who have agreed with my opinion) because I do not like a singer on a band they like. I stated more than once that I will stay and listen to the band because I want to give them a chance. I never once said "YOU suck because you LIKE them, there must be something wrong with YOU. Why don't you just stay away from ProgPower, we are not going to have two days of thrash death metal with cookie vox."

If you like em, great. If you love em, great. I have been blown away by bands that I thought I would hate at PP--Orphaned Land last year was a particularly nice suprise (thank god for hot Japanese women who love Prog--if I were not talking with one by the stage before OL came on I would never have seen the band!!!). Pain of Salvation, on the other hand, was a band that confirmed everything I thought about them--I was at the bar 15 minutes after I started listening to them. So many people love PoS, and my opinion is, whatever works for you--I tried em and did not like em after I gave them all the chances I could.

It is ok to have an opinion. It is also a good thing to keep an open mind, no matter what anyone says. And that goes BOTH ways.

Which is all I have to say on the matter. I will go pester people in other threads now.

I don't post much on here and because of conflicts every year with a work or whatever reason I have never been to a PP although I would have liked to been to a few...

I would have to say that Im in the minority on here when I say I LOVE bands from Rhapsody - Evergrey - Rush - Behemoth - Dark Funeral...

And after reading many posts on these boards I must say I am a huge fan of General Zod! Keep up the good work!

Fucking get over it! NEVERMORE and EVERGREY are both coming to PP7, so get that through your thick heads and shut the fuck up already! Both bands rock and I could see both of them every year. If you don't like it, stay the fuck home and let others who'll enjoy the show have a chance to see it. My God, there is more fucking crying here than at my daughter's day care!

Emerald Sword said:
Fucking get over it! NEVERMORE and EVERGREY are both coming to PP7, so get that through your thick heads and shut the fuck up already! Both bands rock and I could see both of them every year. If you don't like it, stay the fuck home and let others who'll enjoy the show have a chance to see it. My God, there is more fucking crying here than at my daughter's day care!

Hehe...good post.

Rock on!

Ascension said:

You have just won the Idiot of The Year Award, 2006 Edition. And we're just in February dude...you are truly impressive! Congratulations, from everyone on the board!

:tickled::tickled::tickled::tickled::tickled:

Emerald Sword said:

I love Nevermore, and they are one of my favorite bands yet I still think others have the right to voice their opinions on whether or not they like them. You can call it whining, you can call it crying, you can call it whatever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that they can voice their opinions, however off they are from your own.

Ascension said:
Fanboys...geez

It's more like "the ones that agree that the line up kicks ass"

And dude... The day you bring a quality festival to the USA like Glenn has been doing for the past years, I will be your fanboy as well.

But remember, it has to be just as good.:D

BlindPanzer said:
I love Nevermore, and they are one of my favorite bands yet I still think others have the right to voice their opinions on whether or not they like them. You can call it whining, you can call it crying, you can call it whatever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that they can voice their opinions, however off they are from your own.
I have no problems with voicing of opinions. They had their cry about the bands. I let it go this long without saying anything. But, these naysayers are beating a dead horse into the fucking ground already. They've had their say for long enough now. It's time to move on.

Emerald Sword said:
I've seen NEVERMORE three times to this point. Always great, except this past Halloween in Philly with OPETH. Warrel Dane a wicked cold and he drank two full piping hot cups of tea during a thirty minute set. He even apologized to us for not being up to par, but he said he doesn't believe in cancelling shows, so the show must go on. how could you respect a guy for that? NEVERMORE fucking rules!!!
I meant to say, "How could you NOT respect a guy for that?" My bad.

<~~~ Nevermore fanboy since I first heard Sanctuary's debut album in 1988, and will be until I die. :worship:

looking through these threads I see a couple or three naysayers who are speaking of leaving early. Go ahead.

I've left PP early before, and then heard later about the great show Edguy put on. Now I'm an Edguy fan because I finally got off my high horse and listened to them.

I chose not to go to PPVI because I "didn't like the lineup". Now I'm a Pagan's Mind fanboy and kicking myself for not attending that year. I also like Mercenary now, and hated missing what I've understood to be a helluva show put on by RAGE.

Last year there were many more negative comments about Therion (check the avatar) than you two or three who keep going on and on and on about how Warrel can't sing. And then after Therion's set, people couldn't wait to get on here and claim how they stole the night! I couldn't have been more pleased with them.

And I can't wait to see Nevermore headline PPVII on a Saturday night. This will mark the first time I have ever stayed until the bitter end.

Thank you Glenn.

(yes, I'm a Glenn fanboy too) :tickled:

Status
Not open for further replies.