Nevermore a No-Show in Grand Rapids!

eaeolian said:
Considering NM went ahead and undertook this tour already missing two people who had major illnesses, well, it's kind of hard to give them crap for not trying - when Smyth was diagnosed, it would have been REALLY easy for them to cancel the whole tour.

They backed out of ProgPower due to a re-scheduled previous commitment, and it's the correct business decision for anyone who has a view of a world outside of ProgPower.

I know these guys - if Warrel could have done this show, he would have. These things happen. Believe me, I've seen bands give shows they *should* have cancelled - sometimes it's the right move.
Quoted for truth.

Zod

I think there are idiots in here who will flame them for whatever reason they can. WHATEVER reason. It's completely stupid, because people like that have absolutely no sense of business or no sense about what Nevermore is all about.

eaeolian said:
Considering NM went ahead and undertook this tour already missing two people who had major illnesses, well, it's kind of hard to give them crap for not trying - when Smyth was diagnosed, it would have been REALLY easy for them to cancel the whole tour.

They backed out of ProgPower due to a re-scheduled previous commitment, and it's the correct business decision for anyone who has a view of a world outside of ProgPower.

I know these guys - if Warrel could have done this show, he would have. These things happen. Believe me, I've seen bands give shows they *should* have cancelled - sometimes it's the right move.

Amen brother......

1) The club is not obligated to provide a refund if an "opening" band backs out. They are not the "headliner" in the contract between the promoter and the club

2) I do though empathize with the fans at this show. I know when I go to a show, I get a certain sense of relief when I see a band's merchandise set up. So many times when bands show up really late, everyone is like, "Shit, their shirts aren't here!! I hope they don't cancel!!" So, I can see someone who bought a shirt being ticked off. I guess it would be up to Nevermore's management whether or not to give the guy his $$$ for the shirt.

Ascension said:
Yes...they suck as harshly as Neveragain. Your point?
My point was in response to this statement...
Ascension said:
These bands are a joke. I remember when bands toured relentlessly...put out new album, tour, put out new album, tour...non stop. Cancellations were a no no...it rarely , if ever, happened.
Your post suggested that bands "rarely, if ever" cancelled back in the day. Hardly the case with GnR.

Zod

General Zod said:
My point was in response to this statement...
Your post suggested that bands "rarely, if ever" cancelled back in the day. Hardly the case with GnR.

Hardly the case, well, ever. Every band cancelled a few shows here and there, especially with those relentless touring schedules. GNR is a an extreme example of primadonnaism, but people get sick. It happens.

Ascension said:
Ok gotcha Zod...but GnR hardly qualifies as a band that put out album, tour, put out album, tour, etc. ...with me?
Understood. Keep in mind, the bands who recorded and toured back in the day, (by and large) were young bands. The guys in Nevermore have been around a while. It's not at all surprising, given the conditions they tour under, that they're going to breakdown every so often.

Not directed at you... just a tid bit from the Nevermore board. The word is, that Warrell was dealing with issues related to his Type 2 Diabetes, that (rumor has it) nearly killed him prior to the recording of "Godless". I've personally witnessed these guys muscle through shows when sick. And given the seriousness of Jim and Steve's respective illnesses, I'm guessing Warrell was pretty sick to have bailed on this show.

Zod

Ascension said:
Ok gotcha Zod...but GnR hardly qualifies as a band that put out album, tour, put out album, tour, etc. ...with me?

Oh, and YOU know exactly what Nevermore's touring schedule AND recording schedule are for the length of the band's career? And their time off between?

Nothing you've said in this thread is holding any water. Nothing you're saying has any credibility.

This tour rolls into Colorado Springs on Tuesday nite at a club the size of my bathroom (and no, I am not rich) so I was thinking this would be freakin phenomenal - although like the original poster I would be going mostly for Evergrey & Nevermore - In Flames is okay, seen them before too, but on a weeknite with all the BS we have going on at the office - I would miss them if need be.

So- - was there any shows after Grand Rapids with any updates? Was NM healthy again? I thought I saw something onthe web taht it was flu type stuff - which if it was the 24 hour version that came around here - nobody is doing a show with that stuff - for 24 hours you puked, and hudle under a blanket - 2 days and then you can try to eat something.

Hopefully this show goes off alright on Tuesday - was kinda looking forward to some of the fill-ins for NM - even tho Panzer is from here, they never play here (lol) and I believe McDonough from Iced Earth on bass.

Anyone heard anything?
jeff

PurpleCrayonWriter said:
Yeah, I hope no one is assuming that bands don't occasionally cancel. In my case, I just meant to say that I've been seeing bands for 30 years (well, 31 since my first gig was KISS in 1975 just before KISS Alive was released) and only one band canceled -- Bob Seger who was sandwiched between Eric Carmen and The Sweet in 1976. (Great gig, that. Sweet had just released Give Us a Wink. I still have Mick Tucker's drum stick from that concert.)......
PCW, my post, that you quoted, was in no way a response to your post, just so there's no confusion. It was in response to someone else who hasn't a clue. I would've been upset, also, if a band I had gone to see didn't play, it has happened to me in the past.

Oh yea, The Sweet rule!:headbang:

AngraRULES said:
Know what, fuck the haters...LOL
Bet you won't say that to my face...
hysterical.gif

Bryan316 said:
Oh, and YOU know exactly what Nevermore's touring schedule AND recording schedule are for the length of the band's career? And their time off between?

Nothing you've said in this thread is holding any water. Nothing you're saying has any credibility.

Nothing he ever says has any credibility. Why would this thread surprise you? :)