what is it about the second album you get from a band...

BiatchGuy

tired and rundown
Apr 3, 2002
ok, this is sorta DT related..

Projector was the first DT album I got, when I was first getting into the whole melodic-death scene, and of course I didn't like it much because I was looking for all the wrong things in it (expecting it to be more like In Flames' Colony) So it sat on the shelf for a long ass time.. until I picked up Haven, which the more I listened to the more I liked, and then I picked up Projector again and finally "got it".. I went on to get all the DT stuff...

same thing happened with Nevermore, I got Politics Of Ecstasy and didn't think much of it; then picked up Dead Heart In A Dead World about a year later and immediately became a huge fan of the band.

and with Opeth, I had My Arms Your Hearse for the longest time, enjoyed it, but wasn't too concerned about getting more, but ever since I picked up Deliverance I've been beyond anxious to get the rest of their stuff..

also with Soilwork.. Chainheart Machine was good, but it wasn't until A Predators Portrait that I really became a fan.

so.. am I the only one who experiences this weird phenomenon of getting into a band because of the second album I buy from them? or do I just have the unforunate album buying habits of going for the more complicated/technical stuff first?

well I needed too many showers to start liking the stuff :p

now for cd's?? well i have the general problem of liking the cd of which I start a band with...dunno why though....
there are little bands I can count, that I like an album best than the one i first listened from them...

fathervic ();

it happened the same thing to me with dark tranquillity, my first album was "the gallery" but it's with "haven" that i became a big fan of the band.

however, this is the only case i can think of. :)

Miolo (lazy)

No, actually, if I don't like the first cd I get, it is most likely I just don't listen to them anymore.. Or someone should tell me about it or something..
I liked DT ..immediately..
:D