What is TGE about?

born is about how when we born god loves us all but then some people are lead astray by tools of the devil such as sex, drugs and satanic music...thus there soul is 'torn' and they will be going to hell for not loving jesus enough

I was wondering what the whole CD and song of TGE is about? I can't seem to figure it out, something to do with religion and science or pros/cons of both or government? haha sorry I'm not that good at learning about what lyrics say.

Also do any of you know if any of the members of Nevermore are religious or into any spiritual beliefs?

I think you're on the right track with those ideas. Just take whatever you want from the lyrics, as they can be interpreted many ways.

Does anyone else think that TGE is the weakest NM album lyrically?

It just seems to re-hash a lot of concepts that were covered earlier in their career.

I personally preferred it when WD didn't spell out things so much...

edit: WD's still better than virtually any other lyricist in metal.

Does anyone else think that TGE is the weakest NM album lyrically?

It just seems to re-hash a lot of concepts that were covered earlier in their career.

I personally preferred it when WD didn't spell out things so much...

edit: WD's still better than virtually any other lyricist in metal.
qft.
i wonder if the lyrics of the title track are intentionally cliche...

what about the members' religious beliefs?

I believe I can shed some light on this one.

Jim Sheppard has spent years studying Buddhism in a remote temple somewhere in the mountains of Nepal. This was not caused by any real desire to study Buddhism, but rather as a result of his love for the Eddie Murphy comedy "The Golden Child."

Jeff Loomis sold his soul to the devil on an Alabama crossroads in order to gain guitar skills. Yes, that's right....he's Jewish.

Since Van Williams is black, the only thing I am allowed to say about his religious preference on this forum is that he has joined the Nation of Islam.

Warrel Dane once joined a Wicca coven in order to increase his chances of nailing bisexual women. Now, however, he is an Asmytheist: He no longer believes in the existence of Steve Smyth.

Hope that helps!