What is TGE about?

Could you please elaborate?

TGE tempers realism with an undertanding and experience of the metaphysical. Enemies is much more rooted in the non-realist Voyaging.

Plus, the Beatles are THE fucking band. It's easy to sit and wonder what all the fuss is about, but they're a bunch of flawed, human and crazy mind-revolutionary bastards that created some of the most varied and existentially explorative stuff ever recorded. Plus Lennon was the most inappropriate mother fucker ever, it's easy to identify with his flaws.

I could talk about this nonsense all day. The very reason Nevermore appeals to me is because I can identify with the mindset, but if you don't get it you don't get it. I've tried to teach Realism to people and it's like talking to a wall.

TGE tempers realism with an understanding and experience of the metaphysical. Enemies is much more rooted in the non-realist Voyaging.

Plus, the Beatles are THE fucking band. It's easy to sit and wonder what all the fuss is about, but they're a bunch of flawed, human and crazy mind-revolutionary bastards that created some of the most varied and existentially explorative stuff ever recorded. Plus Lennon was the most inappropriate mother fucker ever, it's easy to identify with his flaws.

I could talk about this nonsense all day. The very reason Nevermore appeals to me is because I can identify with the mindset, but if you don't get it you don't get it. I've tried to teach Realism to people and it's like talking to a wall.

Yep yep and yep! :kickass:

I'm not so sure, I don't even like how it sounds. For me Enemies was the voyage. TGE is the come down when the mind sinks into it's physical world and laments, all the while remembering the transcendence of the evening before.

TGE tempers realism with an undertanding and experience of the metaphysical. Enemies is much more rooted in the non-realist Voyaging.

I understand that TGE consolidates the establishment of the premise of “reality” as an outdated and obsolete construct, which WD initiated on EOR and POE, but I personally felt as though Dane failed to build on it. Clearly the subject matter is rationalised, as you rightly pointed out, and that offers some food for thought, but I failed to detect any significant new musings on WD's part.

Maybe I'm just more of a non-realist voyager than a sentient realist. Which might sound like a strange statement coming from a physicist.
But, it's probably just the manifestation a certain duality in my intellectual pursuits.

Thanks for sharing your interpretation with us.

jesus-pogo-cross.gif