2 questions

Clifton

New Metal Member
Mar 3, 2007
what does the 'The divine wings of strategy' mean, as a title, and was it inspired by Milton's Paradise lost?

are any of the members of the band religious or have any spiritual beliefs?

I'm not even sure what "strategy" has to do with anything...

I'm guessing that the divine wings of "tragedy" has to do with angelic imagery, and the way that armeggedon (something very tragic) is initiated by the divine and carried out by the angelic as a means of purifying a rather impure world.

I believe Divine Wings (the song) was inspired by Paradise Lost. Perhaps the new album is a sequel?

Not sure about the band members' beliefs, though. Perhaps we could get Jax to ask them, or perhaps they expect privacy with their personal beliefs (in which case I fully understand).

I believe someone asked that a while back, and like politics, it's probably better left alone. Although I DO seem to remember a boxers/briefs question in a chat a million years ago..... : X

I'd be interested to find out (about their beliefs), I know in the liners of 'The Odyssey' ML thanks 'God', but that could mean anything I guess... But if they don't want to answer I'd completely understand...

Detective Clarence Beauregard said:
I believe Divine Wings (the song) was inspired by Paradise Lost. Perhaps the new album is a sequel?

Not sure about the band members' beliefs, though. Perhaps we could get Jax to ask them, or perhaps they expect privacy with their personal beliefs (in which case I fully understand).

i was under the impression that divine wings might have been about 'paradise regained'? which could make the new album a prequel.. but i have no idea..

Yeah, I believe that it has something to do with paradise regained.

In the lyrics of part III it tells about the "time when nine choirs sang the endless melody" (which propably meanst the paradise) and so on.

The lyrics of part V seems to tell about war:
"Vast battalions rage on in the sky
Rising from the north
The bringer of war
Eve of destrucion" and so on...

Then comes the
"Standing on the edge of paradise
I sacrifice my truth and loyalty
Seven deadly sins consume you all
A dance with death
I taste the victory"

Anyway, as I said it seems to tell about war and destruction

Then after the instrumental part VI comes the last part titled "Paradise regained"
It seems to me that after all the destruction in the world the paradise is finally regained or something like that.

I don't know why I'm really writing this tho, as you all propably know this already. Just go read the damn lyrics and think yourself