What is the most common opinion of DT?

It's always the same with those fundamental questions. It's like asking the general opinion about the universe, some are happy about it, some are against it.

I for one know for a certainty that Im not the only one who doesnt believe in the success of concepts like soap for example.

Don't know about the most common, but definitely the most hilarious opinion about DT (or specifically Projector) that I've heard is:

"Homosexual gothic nonsense."

I don't know why, but that particular opinion makes me smile every time I think about it. :)

-Villain

Villain said:
Don't know about the most common, but definitely the most hilarious opinion about DT (or specifically Projector) that I've heard is:

I don't know why, but that particular opinion makes me smile every time I think about it. :)

-Villain
lool:lol:

Villain said:

-Villain
asdasdas never heard of that... pretty unsharable opinion, let's say..

my brother said DT is "barbarian music". But he has heard me playing some of their songs on the guitar, and now he likes some songs, and even asked me for some others last week...

I once played Haven in my common room back at school and some of the more open minded people (although not metal fans at all) said it was amazing stuff... I said I thought this music would be more appreciated generally if the vocals weren't so devastating and they said the vocals suited it and it wouldnt be right without them... This coming from people who very very rarely hear screamed vocals. I was very surprised...

The first time low growls are heard by anyone I think it's very hard to appreciate, and I told them I was impressed they could appreciate it. They said, (this is a direct quote) "It's impossible not to appreciate this." (unenthusiastically I might add. They weren't into it at all, but that's just taste.)

The same people winced at intestine ballism, Rabies Caste, Dies Irae, Dew Scented and Kalmah on other occasions.

Basically, I think the general opinion of informed metal heads is that Dark Tranquillity are pure genius and one of the more important metal bands in the history of extreme music. The un-metal public won't criticise it, and if they do they'll still be able to see "for a shouty deathmetal band", it's of a very high standard.

some friend who doesnt listen to metal usually told me the music was very nice, but she didnt like the vocals that much.
But she said she liked to listen to DT because of the melodies in the songs, and because of that, the vocals didnt matter

And then it must be the most common opinion....

You guys must hang out with people who allready listens to complicated music, 'cause most of the world listens to commersial shit and has no sense for music at all. Those people tend not to understand extreme music at alll. I played some Skunk Anansie for my old not-music-interested friends and they thought that that was extremly noisy and screamy. If I would have played DT for them they would probably think that it was a recording of rotary cultivator or something. Thye most common opinion among my musician friends are either "What a noise. They're just screamin'", "It's good music, but I can't stand that screamin'!" or "It's not music. They're just screamin'.."
One funny thing though is that my father, who is 52 is really in to DT now.... All my friends are like old ladies...

an intellectual melodeath band who helped shaping the gothenburg sound and is composed of easy-going, down-to-earth musicians with a sense of humor. this is pretty much undeniable even by those who don't like the band, unless they're someone else's fanboys. clearly, the "what's that noise?" option is not more appropriate about dt than any other band in the genre: i believe the question refers to the most common opinion by someone who can at least approach metal music without screaming in terror.

I think you can twist the question at the way you want it to be twisted and I do not believe it refers to a special group of people.