What is Your Favorite Nightwish Album?

For me, it's a toss-up between Once and Wishmaster.

The Siren, Dark Chest of Wonders, and The Kinslayer were the first NW songs I ever heard (a friend sent them to me with the message "You HAVE to hear this!") I found out what albums they were on, went out and bought them a few days later, and haven't looked back.

But honestly, I do love them all in thier own ways... It's just the first two I bought still bring sentimental bubblies to my tummy... lol

1. Wishmaster
2. Once
3. Century Child
4. DPP
5. Oceanborn
6. Angels Fall First

At some point or another, all of them have been my favorite, so I hate labeling any ONE as my favorite. I also like "Over the Hills", New version of "Astral Romance" and "10th man down" a ton on the Over the Hills albumn...same with Escapist.

They're pretty much the only band for me where ALL their cds I love equally. The only other bands I can think of would be Metallica from Kill em all to their Black Albumn....and maybe anthrax up to Persistance of Time

1) Wishmaster
2)Century Child
3) DPP
4) Oceanborn
5) Once
6) Angel's Fall First (But, the Special Edition ranks higher)

Century Child is my favorite album because it has a lot more emotions in it than any of the other albums. Century Child has my favorite song of all time (Ever Dream) in it and out of my top 10 Nightwish songs, 3 of them are from Century Child. For the remaining 7 songs in the top 10, there are 2 songs each from Wishmaster, Once, and Oceanborn, 1 from Dark Passion Play, and none from Angels Fall First.

Since I see other people ranking their albums from most favorite to least favorite, I'll do the same thing.

1. Century Child
2. Wishmaster
3. Once
4. Oceanborn
5. Dark Passion Play
6. Angels Fall First

For a while, I thought Wishmaster and Once were equal for me, until I really decided to take a look at the individual songs for both albums. After looking into both albums in more detail, I have determined that Wishmaster would be ranked higher up on my list than Once.

Dark Passion Play, definitely; I absolutely adore the second-half of the album, with the Irish influences aplenty and, overall, it's such a profound and gigantic album yet, at the same time, extremely intimate and comforting ... just bloody perfect, I say! :D

Well, I have 2 favorite albums, Wishmaster is one of them and the other one is Dark Passion Play, which has me in it's grip, they indeed are great albums but if I had to choose between the 2 of them I would choose Wishmaster

Dark Passion Play is the reason I'm a fan. I identify with For The Heart I Once Had, but for a different reason, one that most fans can't/won't understand. I've only been a fan since October, but this band, Nightwish, has grabbed my attention in a way no other band has. I'm a HUGE Metallica fan, but even Metallica hasn't had the same impact that Nightwish has. I really do look forwards to what this amazing group has next.

The other album i LOVE is Century Child. ABSOLOUTLY know how Tuomas felt when he wrote Slaying The Dreamer, which is still one of my favorite Nightwish songs.

Century Child and Dark Passion Play because those albums have many songs I can relate to so well. Other than that:

1. Century Child
2. Dark Passion Play
3. Oceanborn
4. Once
5. Wishmaster
6. Angels Fall First